King Oracle provider and Map 2008

Robert Fritz
Hi,

on the web page of sl-king.com you can donwload a FDO Oracle Provider which was tested with Map 2007. There are newer releases of the provider for FDO 3.2. and 3.2.2 available, but Map 2008 is not mentioned anymore. As far as I see now, Map 2008 is based on FDO 3.2.1.0 (according to FdoUserManager). Did anyone used the King Sl Oracle Provider with Map 2008? If so, which version (3.2. or 3.2.2)?

Regards, Robert

RE: King Oracle provider and Map 2008

Greg Boone
FDO Providers compiled against FDO 3.2.2 are binary compatible with FDO
3.2.1 included with Autodesk Map 2008.

However, I have not personally tested the 3.2.2 version of the King
Oracle Provider. :-)

Greg

RE: King Oracle provider and Map 2008

Haris Kurtagic
I will install 2008 and check this.

Haris

RE: King Oracle provider and Map 2008

gisbradokla
What would be the process to use the 3.2.2 with 2008?

RE: King Oracle provider and Map 2008

Jason Birch
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: King Oracle provider and Map 2008

Haris Kurtagic
I have tried King.Oracle 0.6.5 ( for FDO 3.2.2 ) with MAP 2008 and it
worked OK.
I tried to query and edit features.

Haris

arsde

gisbradokla
Does FDO 3.2.2 have the arcsde9.2 support?
Brad

RE: arsde

Romica Dascalescu

Hi Brad,

FDO supports arcsde9.2 only starting with version 3.2.2.60

Romy.

Does FDO 3.2.2 have the arcsde9.2 support?
Brad

RE: King Oracle provider and Map 2008

gisbradokla
The fdo-3.2.2beta1-windows_bin_release.zip file replaces the existing bin
folder? I attempted this and the add data tool would not run in 2008. I have
replaced with the old bin and am back to working order. Does someone know
what to do? I am not using the king provider. I want the sde provider in the
new beta to test against my 9.2 sde.
Thanks
Brad

RE: arsde

gisbradokla
fdo-3.2.2beta1-windows_bin_release.zip on the fdo download site is 3.2.2.57
is there going to be another beta?

FDO supports arcsde9.2 only starting with version 3.2.2.60

Romy.

Does FDO 3.2.2 have the arcsde9.2 support?
Brad

RE: arsde

gisbradokla
Or can I build with 3.2.2.60 to test? How would I do that?

fdo-3.2.2beta1-windows_bin_release.zip on the fdo download site is 3.2.2.57
is there going to be another beta?

FDO supports arcsde9.2 only starting with version 3.2.2.60

Romy.

RE: King Oracle provider and Map 2008

Greg Boone
You need to be selective in what you do here. Replacing the whole bin
directory is probably not warranted. The biggest concern is the
providers.xml file. The providers.xml in the .tar file would have
invalid paths for your installation. You may have to either a) keep your
copy or b) merge the contents of the tar .xml file into your local file.
Otherwise, drop the binaries over top of what you have (after backing up
what you have) and overwrite the older files.

Try that and get back to us....

Greg

RE: King Oracle provider and Map 2008

gisbradokla

That makes sense now. I will have to take a look at the providers.xml I am
still waiting on the 3.2.2.60 though. I guess that will probably not be
available as beta. Maybe just the full release?
I may try it just so  I know how to do it. since the zip unzipped and had
the same sub folder structure as the fdo/bin folder, and no instructions, I
thought it was just a replacement for the bin folder. I won't make that
mistake again.
Brad

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: King Oracle provider and Map 2008

gisbradokla

Thanks Jason,
  I will see how that goes.
Do you know the difference between the providers.xml in map and mapguide?
I came across some kind of difference in the studio and the mgos
provider.xml files. what and why? any explanations?
Brad

Hi Brad,

An initial take of the MapGuide 1.2.0 beta 2 (may or may not be the official
beta 2) is available here:
http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/releases/1.2.0-beta2/
<http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/releases/1.2.0-beta2/>

I haven't had a chance to install it yet (out of town) but it's got R60
bundled.  You may be able to install the server portion and grab the FDO
dll's from server/bin/fdo/

Jason

________________________________

RE: King Oracle provider and Map 2008

Greg Boone
You point about Instructions being required is appropriate. The only
issue is finding the time....

RE: King Oracle provider and Map 2008

gisbradokla
That is OK Greg,
 I'm still trying to find where I put my round tuits.

You point about Instructions being required is appropriate. The only
issue is finding the time....

RE: arsde

gisbradokla
Thanks Jason,
>From another post>>>Hi Brad,

An initial take of the MapGuide 1.2.0 beta 2 (may or may not be the official
beta 2) is available here:
http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/releases/1.2.0-beta2/

I haven't had a chance to install it yet (out of town) but it's got R60
bundled.  You may be able to install the server portion and grab the FDO
dll's from server/bin/fdo/

Jason<<<
Any,
I got the 3.2.2.60 installed and working with map 2008. However I still see
the same problem. All text fields are missingfrom sde data. I noticed in
Romy's update it mentions ... The user must have 9.1 and 9.2 ArcSDE clients
to be able to build successful ArcSDE provider.
 Does this mean both clients installed at the same time? Is there a way to
test to see which library is being used? I am getting the same results as
previous fdo versions.
Thanks for your help.
Brad

Or can I build with 3.2.2.60 to test? How would I do that?

fdo-3.2.2beta1-windows_bin_release.zip on the fdo download site is 3.2.2.57
is there going to be another beta?

FDO supports arcsde9.2 only starting with version 3.2.2.60

Romy.

Does FDO 3.2.2 have the arcsde9.2 support?
Brad

RE: King Oracle provider and Map 2008

gisbradokla
Unofficially :-) the webstudio in 1.2beta2 doesn't seem to work at all. I am
now out of studio 07 trial period. So I am looking at what can be done from
webstudio.

If I use the url

http://webmap.com/mapguide/webstudio/index.html#
<http://webmap.com/mapguide/webstudio/index.html>

it comes up with the site login but has an error on page exclamation at the
bottom right of webstudio.

I have tried all uses and passwords and am not able to login. I have stopped
and restarted the service. I have used the tools site administrator and am
able to see the site configuration and do whaterver I want in that create
new users, re-apply passwords, etc. However still cannot login to the site
in webstudio. I have tried different addresses in the login url. See below.

http://127.0.0.1:8008/mapguide just turns and turns forever. No error. No
login

http://webmap.com/mapguide invalid username or password

http://my full ip/mapguide  invalid username or password.

If I go to http://webmap.com/mapguide/mapadmin/login.php I can login with
the expected password and username. However not so in webstudio.

Any help appreciated.

  _____

winmail.dat (10K) Download Attachment

RE: King Oracle provider and Map 2008

Bruno Scott
i sucessfully used fdo 3.2.2 + king Oracle on map 2008.
It is really binary compatible

Bruno
JasonBirch wrote
If it's binary compatible with 3.2.1, you should just be able to copy
the 3.2.2 kingoracle DLLs into your fdo directory, and modify your
providers.xml to include it.

Jason

What would be the process to use the 3.2.2 with 2008?