Keywords for r.null and in general

wenzeslaus
Hi all,

I'm just seeking quick feedback on keywords for r.null module and adding some general questions for discussion if needed. I just added r.null.all to addons (do r.null for multiple maps) with keywords:

raster
map management
null data
no-data

while MarkusN pointed out in the PR that r.null has only

raster
null data

Does the above make sense? The PR for it is easy, but the question here are more general, so I wonder how people are using the keywords. (As a reminder, first keywords is module family (raster, vector, ...), second is topic, third and others are just normal keywords.)

1) Should be we have synonyms in keywords, i.e., both null data and no-data 2) Should we repeat the words from the name of module, i.e., null or null data? 3) Should different spellings be included, e.g., no-data and NoData?

I'm saying yes first two questions, so that's why I included raster, map management, null data, no-data.

Best,
Vaclav

Re: Keywords for r.null and in general

Veronica Andreo
Hi Vaclav

El mar., 26 nov. 2019 a las 0:18, Vaclav Petras (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

I also tend to say yes to 1) and 2)
Regarding 3), I'm not sure about different spellings, but I'm in for synomyns

my 0.2 cents
Vero

Re: Keywords for r.null and in general

Markus Neteler
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 1:18 PM Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Vaclav
>
> El mar., 26 nov. 2019 a las 0:18, Vaclav Petras (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm just seeking quick feedback on keywords for r.null module and adding some general questions for discussion if needed. I just added r.null.all to addons (do r.null for multiple maps) with keywords:
>>
>> raster
>> map management
>> null data
>> no-data
>>
>> while MarkusN pointed out in the PR that r.null has only
>>
>> raster
>> null data
>>
>> Does the above make sense? The PR for it is easy, but the question here are more general, so I wonder how people are using the keywords. (As a reminder, first keywords is module family (raster, vector, ...), second is topic, third and others are just normal keywords.)
>>
>> 1) Should be we have synonyms in keywords, i.e., both null data and no-data 2) Should we repeat the words from the name of module, i.e., null or null data? 3) Should different spellings be included, e.g., no-data and NoData?
>>
>> I'm saying yes first two questions, so that's why I included raster, map management, null data, no-data.
>

> I also tend to say yes to 1) and 2)

yes to 1) and 2)

> Regarding 3), I'm not sure about different spellings, but I'm in for synomyns

IMHO different spellings are confusing, so 3) no also from my point of view

4) synomyns

yes

Best
Markus