KZN Land Use

StephenW
Good morning all,
I am in search for an updated land use layer for KZN.
Does anyone have any idea where i can Source this information? (Apart from OSM)\

Kind Regards

Stephen Wiggins

Cell:    +27662553869

Re: KZN Land Use

Riaan Botes

Dear Stephen

Search around for the EGIS on the DEA website. Login is free, they just take a day or 3 to vet your request. They have various LC data sets up to 2013/2014 or 2014/2015 depend on what you read. I have been hearing rumours of a 2017/2018 set but have not found that yet. Served as GeoTIFF covering the whole RSA.

Re: KZN Land Use

StephenW
Thanks Riaan! Much Appreciated.
Hope you're doing well.
Kind Regards

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 10:06 AM Riaan Botes <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Stephen

Search around for the EGIS on the DEA website. Login is free, they just take a day or 3 to vet your request. They have various LC data sets up to 2013/2014 or 2014/2015 depend on what you read. I have been hearing rumours of a 2017/2018 set but have not found that yet. Served as GeoTIFF covering the whole RSA.

Re: KZN Land Use

Immo Blecher

Hi Stephen,

There is a SANBI 2008 KZN land cover layer, might be a bit old.

In QGIS add a ArcGis Mapserver connection to http://bgismaps.sanbi.org/arcgis/rest/services/KZN_landcover/MapServer

Provides a nice legend too.

Immo

On 2019/04/01 10:10, Stephen Wiggins wrote:
Thanks Riaan! Much Appreciated.
Hope you're doing well.
Kind Regards

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 10:06 AM Riaan Botes <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Stephen

Search around for the EGIS on the DEA website. Login is free, they just take a day or 3 to vet your request. They have various LC data sets up to 2013/2014 or 2014/2015 depend on what you read. I have been hearing rumours of a 2017/2018 set but have not found that yet. Served as GeoTIFF covering the whole RSA.

I am in search for an updated land use layer for KZN.

Does anyone have any idea where i can Source this information? (Apart from OSM)\

Kind Regards

Stephen Wiggins

Cell:    +27662553869

Stephen Wiggins

Cell:    +27662553869

Immo F. Blecher
Street:
36 Saffraan Ave., Die Boord, Stellenbosch, 7613, South Africa
Postal: PO Box 74, Lynedoch, 7603, South Africa
Cell: +27 83 272 6791 | Fax: +27 86 736 3302 Email: [hidden email] | [hidden email] | [hidden email]
Internet: http://www.blecher.co.za/

Contact me: [hidden email] immoblecher

Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.

Re: KZN Land Use

Ray Schaller
Good morning Steve

Try Boyd Escott at  <[hidden email]> or Debbie Jewit at <[hidden email]>

You can also contact DEA/CSIR as I believe a 2018 Land Cover is about to be released. Mark Thompson at GTI may be able to assist

Regards

Ray Schaller
Cell: 0823759934

>>> Stephen Wiggins <[hidden email]> 2019/04/01 09:44 AM >>>
Good morning all,
I am in search for an updated land use layer for KZN.
Does anyone have any idea where i can Source this information? (Apart from OSM)\

Kind Regards

Stephen Wiggins

Cell: +27662553869

Disclaimer

"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information which is confidential, private or privilege in nature and it is for the sole use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you must immediately notify the sender via electronic mail and further refrain from reading, disseminating, distributing, copying or using this message or any of its transmitted files. Any views of this message and its transmitted files are those of the sender unless the sender specifically states such views to be those of the North-West Provincial Government. Though this message and its transmitted files have been swept for the presence of computer viruses, the North-West Provincial Government accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or expenses resulting directly or indirectly from the use or access of this message or any of its transmitted files."

Re: KZN Land Use

StephenW
Thanks Ray,
Yeah it was mainly land use, as apposed to land cover. Thanks for responding.

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 8:28 AM Ray Schaller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good morning Steve

Try Boyd Escott at  <[hidden email]> or Debbie Jewit at <[hidden email]>

You can also contact DEA/CSIR as I believe a 2018 Land Cover is about to be released. Mark Thompson at GTI may be able to assist

Regards

Ray Schaller
Cell: 0823759934

>>> Stephen Wiggins <[hidden email]> 2019/04/01 09:44 AM >>>
Good morning all,
I am in search for an updated land use layer for KZN.
Does anyone have any idea where i can Source this information? (Apart from OSM)\

Kind Regards

Stephen Wiggins

Cell: +27662553869

Disclaimer

"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information which is confidential, private or privilege in nature and it is for the sole use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you must immediately notify the sender via electronic mail and further refrain from reading, disseminating, distributing, copying or using this message or any of its transmitted files. Any views of this message and its transmitted files are those of the sender unless the sender specifically states such views to be those of the North-West Provincial Government. Though this message and its transmitted files have been swept for the presence of computer viruses, the North-West Provincial Government accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or expenses resulting directly or indirectly from the use or access of this message or any of its transmitted files."

Stephen Wiggins

Cell:    +27662553869

EC Boundaries: School Districts and Circuits

Willem Badenhorst
Hi Colleagues

Can anyone please let me know where I can get hold of/download/WMS of the GIS/shp files for EC Boundaries: School Districts and Circuits.  I found the map below on their EMIS site:   https://ecsrp.webmaps.co.za/map

However, there does not seem to be any downloadable data, only in PDF format.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Willem

image.png
PS, we are excited about the Position IT article on our ScoutMaster Application -  land use surveys for Ekurhuleni and Mogale City...read more at  Position IT article

Willem Badenhorst (Manager)

PLATO Professional GISc Practitioner, PGP1411

South African Planning Institute, 12578

Geo-Information Society of South Africa, YSXB­7391

Landuse Survey App

  Click Click Survey Done!

ScoutMaster is a Web Mapping and Land use Survey application integrating mapping, data visualisation and project collaboration for land use survey teams in South Africa.

Postnet Suite 402; Private Bag x025; Lynnwood Ridge; Pretoria; 0040; Gauteng

Cell: 082 467 5110  -  Fax: +27112527219  -  Skype: kwasimojo

www.mandalagis.com   Click to see map   Click to see StreetView

Disclaimer

This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in error please notify us immediately by return e-mail or by telephone +27 (0)82 467 5110 and delete the e-mail. You may not copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance on it. While we take reasonable precautions to minimise the risk of an attachment containing computer viruses this possibility still exists. We cannot accept liability for any damage which you may sustain as a result of a software virus. We recommend that you carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. We do not accept responsibility for any amendments made to any attached documents without our approval. We do not accept responsibility for private or personal messages e-mailed from our domain.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 1:22 PM Stephen Wiggins <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Ray,
Yeah it was mainly land use, as apposed to land cover. Thanks for responding.

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 8:28 AM Ray Schaller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good morning Steve

Try Boyd Escott at  <[hidden email]> or Debbie Jewit at <[hidden email]>

You can also contact DEA/CSIR as I believe a 2018 Land Cover is about to be released. Mark Thompson at GTI may be able to assist

Regards

Ray Schaller
Cell: 0823759934

>>> Stephen Wiggins <[hidden email]> 2019/04/01 09:44 AM >>>
Good morning all,
I am in search for an updated land use layer for KZN.
Does anyone have any idea where i can Source this information? (Apart from OSM)\

Kind Regards

Stephen Wiggins

Cell: +27662553869

Disclaimer

"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information which is confidential, private or privilege in nature and it is for the sole use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you must immediately notify the sender via electronic mail and further refrain from reading, disseminating, distributing, copying or using this message or any of its transmitted files. Any views of this message and its transmitted files are those of the sender unless the sender specifically states such views to be those of the North-West Provincial Government. Though this message and its transmitted files have been swept for the presence of computer viruses, the North-West Provincial Government accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or expenses resulting directly or indirectly from the use or access of this message or any of its transmitted files."

Stephen Wiggins

Cell:    +27662553869

Re: EC Boundaries: School Districts and Circuits

Tim Sutton-6
Hi Willem

I took a quick look at the site - nice to see they use MapServer (open source GIS server) for serving their maps. You can easily fetch the data using WFS from that server in QGIS and then save it out to your preferred vector format (GeoPackage!) using QGIS. Just open the QGIS browser panel and right click on the WFS node. Then create a new connection with the following details:

Name: Eastern Cape Education

Click ok and then drag and drop the EdDists layer into your QGIS project.

Then right click the added layer and choose ‘Export -> Save features as’

Have fun!

Regards

Tim

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Ex Project chair: QGIS.org

Desktop GIS programming services
Geospatial web development
GIS Training
Consulting Services

Skype: timlinux
IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

I'd love to connect. Here's my calendar link to make finding time easy.

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

I'd love to connect. Here's my calendar link to make finding time easy.

Re: EC Boundaries: School Districts and Circuits

Hester Badenhorst
Hi Tim
Thanks so much for this, I will convey to Willem, you are so helpfull.

Kind regards
Hester

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

I'd love to connect. Here's my calendar link to make finding time easy.

Also, we are excited about the Position IT publication of an article on our ScoutMaster App -  land use survey  that was done for Ekurhuleni and Mogale City...check it out at  Position IT article

Hester Badenhorst (Spatial Analyst, BT&RP:UP)

SAPI Corporate Member: 12561
GISSA Member: YSXB-7421

Cell: 083 244 3837  -  Fax: 27112527219
Postnet Suite 402; Private Bag X025; Lynnwood Ridge; 0040

Landuse Survey App

  Click Click Survey Done!

ScoutMaster is a Web Mapping and Land use Survey application integrating mapping, data visualisation and project collaboration for land use survey teams in South Africa. ScoutMaster offers productivity tools for teams doing land use surveys in the Republic of South Africa.

[...]

Frank Sokolic
Hi Willem,

Our company created that website so please contact me on my work email address [hidden email] so that we can supply the boundaries you need.

Regards, Frank.