Javascript time-out for long-running processes

Javascript time-out for long-running processes

Jo Cook
Hi List,

In geonetwork 3.4.x we've got a catalog with several thousand records in it, and we're finding that for long running processes such as batch processes or privilege updates we get an error message appear even though the process may still be running in the background.

Am I correct in thinking that this file: https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/3.4.x/web-ui/src/main/resources/catalog/components/common/alert/Alert.js sets the period of time that it takes for the error message to appear, so I could increase the delay from 2000 and it would mean the tasks have longer to run before the error appears?

Thanks

Jo

--
Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

--

Reserve your conference place now:
Bristol 26 Sept | Leeds 3rd October

Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech

Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.

Re: Javascript time-out for long-running processes

Jose Garcia
Hi Jo

That file afaik uses that delay to show the message, but not for waiting for the task to complete.

Some questions:

1) The error you get is about a timeout or that the session expired?

2) Are you using a Web proxy? In this case can be that the timeout is lower than the timeout defined in Tomcat.

Regards,
Jose García

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 4:13 PM, Jo Cook <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jose García

Veenderweg 13
6721 WD Bennekom
The Netherlands
T: <a href="tel:+31318416664" style="font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif" target="_blank">+31 (0)318 416664

Re: Javascript time-out for long-running processes

Jo Cook
Hi Jose,

It's not related to the session expiring- we've extended that. It's generally an error about the process, and when you view the logs you can see that the process is continuing.

I think you're right- it's to do with nginx rather than tomcat. If I bypass nginx then I can get the tasks to run without showing an error. I'll try a combination of extending the nginx timeout and adjusting the delay before the message is shown.

Thanks

Jo