JSDoc

Christopher Schmidt-2
After spending a while playing with it, I was able to get JSDoc to give
me something useful. (First step ended up being something to rip out a
lot of the prototype stuff we've written, like OpenLayers.inherit).

The result is here:

http://openlayers.org/~crschmidt/openlayers-jsdoc/

Note that this is probably not going to be maintained/up to date, but
it's made me more hopeful that we can use the existing JSDoc to get some
kind of class documentation up and running. Most important/useful is

http://openlayers.org/~crschmidt/openlayers-jsdoc/allclasses-noframe.html

which leads to things like:

http://openlayers.org/~crschmidt/openlayers-jsdoc/OpenLayers/Layer/WMS/Untiled.html

(Which means I now have a link which makes sense for
http://openlayers.org/~crschmidt/openlayers-jsdoc/OpenLayers/Layer/WMS/Untiled.html#ratio
, which was my goal.)

Hopefully this will be helpful during our upcoming hack week on this
stuff. I'll run it against the vector branch in the morning and report
on results.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta

Re: JSDoc

Erik Uzureau-3
I think it would be nice to have this new JSDOC running for the 2.4
release. Have we tried this with the vector-2.4 branch?
Erik

On 3/5/07, Christopher Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> After spending a while playing with it, I was able to get JSDoc to give
> me something useful. (First step ended up being something to rip out a
> lot of the prototype stuff we've written, like OpenLayers.inherit).
>
> The result is here:
>
> http://openlayers.org/~crschmidt/openlayers-jsdoc/
>
> Note that this is probably not going to be maintained/up to date, but
> it's made me more hopeful that we can use the existing JSDoc to get some
> kind of class documentation up and running. Most important/useful is
>
> http://openlayers.org/~crschmidt/openlayers-jsdoc/allclasses-noframe.html
>
> which leads to things like:
>
> http://openlayers.org/~crschmidt/openlayers-jsdoc/OpenLayers/Layer/WMS/Untiled.html
>
> (Which means I now have a link which makes sense for
> http://openlayers.org/~crschmidt/openlayers-jsdoc/OpenLayers/Layer/WMS/Untiled.html#ratio
> , which was my goal.)
>
> Hopefully this will be helpful during our upcoming hack week on this
> stuff. I'll run it against the vector branch in the morning and report
> on results.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Christopher Schmidt
> MetaCarta

Re: JSDoc

Christopher Schmidt-2
On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 01:12:19AM -0600, Erik Uzureau wrote:
> I think it would be nice to have this new JSDOC running for the 2.4
> release. Have we tried this with the vector-2.4 branch?

I've been running it manually against the vector-2.4 branch: Looks like
http://crschmidt.net/~crschmidt/vector-2.4/tools/js_docs_out/overview-tree.html

It's my plan to have it be auto-generated and linked to from
dev.openlayers.org before the 2.4 release.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta

Re: JSDoc

Erik Uzureau-3
On 3/15/07, Christopher Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 01:12:19AM -0600, Erik Uzureau wrote:
> > I think it would be nice to have this new JSDOC running for the 2.4
> > release. Have we tried this with the vector-2.4 branch?
>
> I've been running it manually against the vector-2.4 branch: Looks like
> http://crschmidt.net/~crschmidt/vector-2.4/tools/js_docs_out/overview-tree.html

looks good

> It's my plan to have it be auto-generated and linked to from
> dev.openlayers.org before the 2.4 release.

fantastique! i assume this means we will nix the .txt files then?
also isnt there some htmlified version of the txt files on the ol.org
site that we could/should take down as welll?

> Regards,
> --
> Christopher Schmidt
> MetaCarta

Re: JSDoc

Christopher Schmidt-2
On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 09:39:14AM -0600, Erik Uzureau wrote:

> On 3/15/07, Christopher Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 01:12:19AM -0600, Erik Uzureau wrote:
> >> I think it would be nice to have this new JSDOC running for the 2.4
> >> release. Have we tried this with the vector-2.4 branch?
> >
> >I've been running it manually against the vector-2.4 branch: Looks like
> >http://crschmidt.net/~crschmidt/vector-2.4/tools/js_docs_out/overview-tree.html
>
> looks good
>

> >It's my plan to have it be auto-generated and linked to from
> >dev.openlayers.org before the 2.4 release.
>
> fantastique! i assume this means we will nix the .txt files then?
> also isnt there some htmlified version of the txt files on the ol.org
> site that we could/should take down as welll?

Yep. We'll get rid of the .txt files then, and set up a redirect from
/doc/reference.html to the new jsdoc version.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta