JMS question

Jason Cradit
Hello all - two questions...i've been trying to get to the community downloads page and it's been failing for the last day.  Am i missing something or is it down?
https://build.geoserver.org/geoserver/2.15.x/community-latest/

Also, i've been playing around with JMS and I feel like i've found an issue and wonder if other people see this.  When building a JMS cluster with an external broker i'm finding that if the server comes up with a config that doesn't work (like it can't access the remote broker) it will never work - like when you change it in the UI.  Even if it was working, changed to one that doesn't and then changed back to the working one - it'll fail.  I've been able to reproduce this quite a bit and wonder if this is just a known issue or maybe i'm just doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Jason

Re: JMS question

Simone Giannecchini
Hi Jason,
first point, build server is down under huge maintenance. It will be
up again soon.

About the issue you mention, that is strange as we have a few clients
using JMS clustering.
Can you open a JIRA Report and paste it here so that we can someone
have a look at it?

Regards,
Simone Giannecchini
==
Visit http://bit.ly/gs-services for more information.
==
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
@simogeo
Founder/Director

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39  333 8128928

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali
(Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati
“GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email
(il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui
conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo
scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a
cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato
se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided
by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use
of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 5:30 PM Jason Cradit <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all - two questions...i've been trying to get to the community downloads page and it's been failing for the last day.  Am i missing something or is it down?
> https://build.geoserver.org/geoserver/2.15.x/community-latest/
>
> Also, i've been playing around with JMS and I feel like i've found an issue and wonder if other people see this.  When building a JMS cluster with an external broker i'm finding that if the server comes up with a config that doesn't work (like it can't access the remote broker) it will never work - like when you change it in the UI.  Even if it was working, changed to one that doesn't and then changed back to the working one - it'll fail.  I've been able to reproduce this quite a bit and wonder if this is just a known issue or maybe i'm just doing something wrong.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason
>
> If you want to request a feature or an improvement, also see this: https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/Successfully-requesting-and-integrating-new-features-and-improvements-in-GeoServer

Re: JMS question

Jason Cradit
Hey Simone,

Thanks for the note!  I can absolutely reproduce the JMS build issue I’ve noticed.  Of course, this came from a misconfiguration first...but I find it interesting.  It started with deployment into ECS/Container environment but I can reproduce locally as well.

I’ll send all the details...versions and logs into JIRA.

I’ve now got JMS and Hazelcast clustering extensions installed in ECS/Docker successfully and working on testing and edification.  We are really leaning toward Hazelcast for our deployment, really focused on demand elasticity for serving tiles.  As to not pay for resources we don’t need during non-peak hours but a rapid scale when we do need the resources.  Super interesting to have both and look at how they scale and grow inside ECS/Docker.

Thanks,
Jason

Sent from my iPad