Iterating two layers in Report - QGIS 3.2

Iterating two layers in Report - QGIS 3.2

Carlos Cerdán
Hi list

I would like to make a report (atlas) iterating two layers where:

1. Layer of level 2 administrative boundary is iterated (with atlas feature) and shows it as a no filled polygon, with out label;  and else polygons as white filled with labels;  and

2. Layer of administrative level 3 boundary is iterated too (with atlas feature), and shows labels only in polygons that are intersected or are within the active level 2 boundary.

How can be this done in QGIS 3.2? I was succsefull in QGIS 2.18, but now it doesn't work. I've tryed rules as:

 intersects(@atlas_geometry,$geometry )

contains(geometry(@atlas_feature),centroid( $geometry ) ) is true

but nothing.

I'm tring this because of non desired labels of level 3 boundary. One solutiion is using white labels that are fused with white polygons of level 2 boundary... but it is plan B.

Any advice please?

Cheers!

Carlos Cerdan

Re: Iterating two layers in Report - QGIS 3.2

Frank Broniewski-6

Hi Carlos,

did you find Nyalls excellent post on Reports in QGIS 3 already? I believe it explains what you want do achieve. Have a look at [1]

[1] https://north-road.com/2018/01/23/exploring-reports-in-qgis-3-0-the-ultimate-guide/

Hth,

Frank

Dipl. Geogr. Frank Broniewski

Waldhölzbacher Str. 51

66679 Losheim am See

06872 509 068 4

0176 611 26 9 2 6

www.frankbroniewski.com

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Iterating two layers in Report - QGIS 3.2

Carlos Cerdán
Thank you very much Frank.

Yes, it's an excellent post, I've read it to learn new Report features.

My issue are labels: I would like to hide them if they are out of the feature that is being iterated, especially when there are various labeled layers... Well i've used plan B: satellite imagenery from quickmapservice as base, which is masked by iterated polygon which has no fill;  and white labels that are hidden by white fill of polygons that are not iterated.

Regards

Carlos