Invitation to the OSGeo.be ASBL Annual General Assembly

Invitation to the OSGeo.be ASBL Annual General Assembly

Tommy Oozeer

Dear OSGeo.be Member,

You are invited to join us for our 2016 Annual General Assembly of members convened as follows :

March 24th 2016 at 19:00

L'arrosoir

Boulevard du Souverain, 256
1160 Auderghem

Please find the proposed agenda below.

All voting and non-voting members are welcome.  Please let us know via mail if you will be attending the meeting. Please note that if you want to become a voting member, you need to send us your written request stating the support of at least two effective members.

In case you are not able to attend, please remember that every member can authorize in writing another member to represent him/her at the General Assembly.

Tommy Oozeer

OSGeo.be ASBL Secretary

March 16th, 2016 (We apologize for the delay in providing this invitation).

Agenda

1.     Report about the activities of the last year

1.     Founding of OSGeo belgium

2.     FOSS4G 2015 event

3.     Presence at 2 events

2.     Financial report 2015

3.     Budget 2016

4.       Change the date of the general assembly to be together with the FOSS4G conference (Q3/Q4)

5.     Composition of the board

1.     New members

2.     Resignations

6.       Composition of the voting members

1.     New members

2.     Resignations

7.       Preview of the next year

1.     Events

1.     Foss4g belgium 2016 september 22

2.     Strategy

1.     What is the role of osgeo.be in the state of the map / OSM

2.     OSGeo.be presentations during sotm

3.     OSM presentation at FOSS4G.be

8.       Vote for the Belgian OSGeo logo

9.       Various

10.   Closing of the general assembly

After talks / open discussion / beer

·         OSM

·         OKFN

Re: Invitation to the OSGeo.be ASBL Annual General Assembly

dirkf
You may count me in.

Dirk

On 16-03-16 13:57, Tommy Oozeer wrote:

> /Dear OSGeo.be Member, /
>

> /You are invited to join us for our 2016 Annual General Assembly of
> members convened as follows : /
>

> /March 24^th 2016 at 19:00/
>
> /L'arrosoir / <http://www.arrosoirauderghem.be/>
>
> /_Boulevard du Souverain, 256
> 1160 Auderghem_/
> <http://maps.google.com/maps?z=16&q=boulevard+du+souverain,+256+1160+auderghem>
>

> /Please find the proposed agenda below./
>

> /All voting and non-voting members are welcome.  Please let us know via
> mail if you will be attending the meeting. Please note that if you want
> to become a voting member, you need to send us your written request
> stating the support of at least two effective members./
>

> /In case you are not able to attend, please remember that every member
> can authorize in writing another member to represent him/her at the
> General Assembly./
>

> /Tommy Oozeer/
>
> /OSGeo.be ASBL Secretary/
>
> /March 16^th , 2016 (/We apologize for the delay in providing this
> invitation).
>

> /*Agenda*/
>
> 1.     /Report about the activities of the last year /
>
> 1.     /Founding of OSGeo belgium /
>
> 2.     /FOSS4G 2015 event /
>
> 3.     /Presence at 2 events /
>
> 2.     /Financial report 2015 /
>
> 3.     /Budget 2016/
>
> /4.//       //Change the date of the general assembly to be together
> with the FOSS4G conference (Q3/Q4)/
>
> 5.     /Composition of the board /
>
> 1.     /New members /
>
> 2.     /Resignations /
>
> /6.//       //Composition of the voting members /
>
> 1.     /New members /
>
> 2.     /Resignations /
>
> /7.//       //Preview of the next year /
>
> 1.     /Events /
>
> 1.     /Foss4g belgium 2016 september 22 /
>
> 2.     /Strategy /
>
> 1.     /What is the role of //osgeo.be/ <http://osgeo.be/>/in the state
> of the map / OSM /
>
> 2.     /OSGeo.be presentations during sotm /
>
> 3.     /OSM presentation at FOSS4G.be /
>
> /8.//       //Vote for the Belgian OSGeo logo/
>
> /9.//       //Various /
>
> /10.//   //Closing of the general assembly /
>

> /*After talks / open discussion / beer*/
>
> ·         /OSM /
>
> ·         /OKFN/

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

Re: Invitation to the OSGeo.be ASBL Annual General Assembly

Moritz Lennert
Dear all,

A few reactions:

- I've already signalled this privately to some, but here's the
  official reaction: sending an invitation to a general assembly
  only 6 working days before is against the statutes (and against any
  common sense if you really want to have people present).

- As far as I know their has to be the point of "vote de la décharge
  des administrateurs" (don't know how to translate this) on the agenda
  of the general assembly.

- With all the sympathy I have for the Arrosoir and its owner, I think
  that in the future general assemblies should be held in a place that
  is much easier (faster) to reach for everyone, including those that
  come from outside of Brussels.

I will not be able to attend this general assembly. We did not include
practicalities about "procurations" in our statutes. What do I need to
do to have someone represent me. Is an email to the president/secretary
enough ? Do I need to give a paper to the person ?

Moritz

Le Wed, 16 Mar 2016 13:57:46 +0100,
Tommy Oozeer <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> *Dear OSGeo.be Member, *
>

> *You are invited to join us for our 2016 Annual General Assembly of
> members convened as follows : *
>

> *March 24th 2016 at 19:00*
>
> *L'arrosoir * <http://www.arrosoirauderghem.be/>
>

> *Boulevard du Souverain, 256 1160 Auderghem*
> <http://maps.google.com/maps?z=16&q=boulevard+du+souverain,+256+1160+auderghem>
>

> *Please find the proposed agenda below.*
>

> *All voting and non-voting members are welcome.  Please let us know
> via mail if you will be attending the meeting. Please note that if
> you want to become a voting member, you need to send us your written
> request stating the support of at least two effective members.*
>

> *In case you are not able to attend, please remember that every
> member can authorize in writing another member to represent him/her
> at the General Assembly.*
>

> *Tommy Oozeer*
>
> *OSGeo.be ASBL Secretary*
>
> *March 16th, 2016 (*We apologize for the delay in providing this
> invitation).
>

> *Agenda*
>
> 1.     *Report about the activities of the last year *
>
> 1.     *Founding of OSGeo belgium *
>
> 2.     *FOSS4G 2015 event *
>
> 3.     *Presence at 2 events *
>
> 2.     *Financial report 2015 *
>
> 3.     *Budget 2016*
>
> *4.*       *Change the date of the general assembly to be together
> with the FOSS4G conference (Q3/Q4)*
>
> 5.     *Composition of the board *
>
> 1.     *New members *
>
> 2.     *Resignations *
>
> *6.*       *Composition of the voting members *
>
> 1.     *New members *
>
> 2.     *Resignations *
>
> *7.*       *Preview of the next year *
>
> 1.     *Events *
>
> 1.     *Foss4g belgium 2016 september 22 *
>
> 2.     *Strategy *
>
> 1.     *What is the role of **osgeo.be* <http://osgeo.be/>* in the
> state of the map / OSM *
>
> 2.     *OSGeo.be presentations during sotm *
>
> 3.     *OSM presentation at FOSS4G.be *
>
> *8.*       *Vote for the Belgian OSGeo logo*
>
> *9.*       *Various *
>
> *10.*   *Closing of the general assembly *
>

> *After talks / open discussion / beer*
>
> ·         *OSM *
>
> ·         *OKFN*

Re: Invitation to the OSGeo.be ASBL Annual General Assembly

Oliver May
Hi Moritz,

thanks for your feedback!

Dear all,

A few reactions:

- I've already signalled this privately to some, but here's the
  official reaction: sending an invitation to a general assembly
  only 6 working days before is against the statutes (and against any
  common sense if you really want to have people present).

This is correct, the invitation was planned to be sent out last Friday at the latest.
For having more people present, there is an ongoing discussion to hold the general assembly during our yearly FOSS4G event, but we are divided, do you have any thoughts on this? It might help us with the final decision.

- As far as I know their has to be the point of "vote de la décharge
  des administrateurs" (don't know how to translate this) on the agenda
  of the general assembly.

This is correct, we discussed it on the board meeting, but I forgot to put it in the agenda (probably because I don't know the right term). Does anybody know the correct term in English?

- With all the sympathy I have for the Arrosoir and its owner, I think
  that in the future general assemblies should be held in a place that
  is much easier (faster) to reach for everyone, including those that
  come from outside of Brussels.

We will keep this in mind for next GA.

I will not be able to attend this general assembly. We did not include
practicalities about "procurations" in our statutes. What do I need to
do to have someone represent me. Is an email to the president/secretary
enough ? Do I need to give a paper to the person ?

For me it is sufficient that you let it know to the secretary and president by mail, we will discuss and add the procedure under the various agenda point.

Moritz

Le Wed, 16 Mar 2016 13:57:46 +0100,
Tommy Oozeer <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> *Dear OSGeo.be Member, *
>

> *You are invited to join us for our 2016 Annual General Assembly of
> members convened as follows : *
>

> *March 24th 2016 at 19:00*
>
> *L'arrosoir * <http://www.arrosoirauderghem.be/>
>

> *Boulevard du Souverain, 256 1160 Auderghem*
> <http://maps.google.com/maps?z=16&q=boulevard+du+souverain,+256+1160+auderghem>
>

> *Please find the proposed agenda below.*
>

> *All voting and non-voting members are welcome.  Please let us know
> via mail if you will be attending the meeting. Please note that if
> you want to become a voting member, you need to send us your written
> request stating the support of at least two effective members.*
>

> *In case you are not able to attend, please remember that every
> member can authorize in writing another member to represent him/her
> at the General Assembly.*
>

> *Tommy Oozeer*
>
> *OSGeo.be ASBL Secretary*
>
> *March 16th, 2016 (*We apologize for the delay in providing this
> invitation).
>

> *Agenda*
>
> 1.     *Report about the activities of the last year *
>
> 1.     *Founding of OSGeo belgium *
>
> 2.     *FOSS4G 2015 event *
>
> 3.     *Presence at 2 events *
>
> 2.     *Financial report 2015 *
>
> 3.     *Budget 2016*
>
> *4.*       *Change the date of the general assembly to be together
> with the FOSS4G conference (Q3/Q4)*
>
> 5.     *Composition of the board *
>
> 1.     *New members *
>
> 2.     *Resignations *
>
> *6.*       *Composition of the voting members *
>
> 1.     *New members *
>
> 2.     *Resignations *
>
> *7.*       *Preview of the next year *
>
> 1.     *Events *
>
> 1.     *Foss4g belgium 2016 september 22 *
>
> 2.     *Strategy *
>
> 1.     *What is the role of **osgeo.be* <http://osgeo.be/>* in the
> state of the map / OSM *
>
> 2.     *OSGeo.be presentations during sotm *
>
> 3.     *OSM presentation at FOSS4G.be *
>
> *8.*       *Vote for the Belgian OSGeo logo*
>
> *9.*       *Various *
>
> *10.*   *Closing of the general assembly *
>

> *After talks / open discussion / beer*
>
> ·         *OSM *
>
> ·         *OKFN*

Oliver May

DFC Software Engineering

Brugsesteenweg 587
9030 Gent
T: +32 (0)484 97 77 70
F: +32 (0)9 236 54 12

W: http://www.dfc.be

Skype: skype://dfc.olivermay

Twitter: olivermay_be

Re: Invitation to the OSGeo.be ASBL Annual General Assembly

dirkf
see inline: discharge the board of directors for the financial year 2015.

You can mandate somebody else to vote in your place on the proposed
agenda. No other agenda topics could be added.

Dirk

On 16-03-16 15:14, Oliver May wrote:

> Hi Moritz,
>
> thanks for your feedback!

> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     Dear all,
>
>     A few reactions:
>
>     - I've already signalled this privately to some, but here's the
>       official reaction: sending an invitation to a general assembly
>       only 6 working days before is against the statutes (and against any
>       common sense if you really want to have people present).
>

> This is correct, the invitation was planned to be sent out last Friday
> at the latest.
> For having more people present, there is an ongoing discussion to hold
> the general assembly during our yearly FOSS4G event, but we are divided,
> do you have any thoughts on this? It might help us with the final decision.
>

>     - As far as I know their has to be the point of "vote de la décharge
>       des administrateurs" (don't know how to translate this) on the agenda
>       of the general assembly.
>

> This is correct, we discussed it on the board meeting, but I forgot to
> put it in the agenda (probably because I don't know the right term).
> Does anybody know the correct term in English?

Proposal of the Board of Directors: Discharge of the members of the
Board of Directors for the 2015 financial year.

> [...]
>     >
>     > 1.     *Foss4g belgium 2016 september 22 *
>     >
>     > 2.     *Strategy *
>     >
>     > 1.     *What is the role of **osgeo.be <http://osgeo.be>*
>     <http://osgeo.be/>* in the
>     > state of the map / OSM *
>     >
>     > 2.     *OSGeo.be presentations during sotm *
>     >
>     > 3.     *OSM presentation at FOSS4G.be *
>     >
>     > *8.*       *Vote for the Belgian OSGeo logo*
>     >
>     > *9.*       *Various *
>     >
>     > *10.*   *Closing of the general assembly *
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > *After talks / open discussion / beer*

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

Re: Invitation to the OSGeo.be ASBL Annual General Assembly

Oliver May
Dirk,

does this mean that we cannot any agenda points? unless all voters agree that the point can be added to the agenda?

cheers,

Oliver

> [...]

>     >
>     > *8.*       *Vote for the Belgian OSGeo logo*
>     >
>     > *9.*       *Various *
>     >
>     > *10.*   *Closing of the general assembly *
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > *After talks / open discussion / beer*
>     >
>     > ·         *OSM *
>     >
>     > ·         *OKFN*

> Oliver May
>
> *DFC Software Engineering *
>
> Brugsesteenweg 587
> 9030 Gent
> T: <a href="tel:%2B32%20%280%29484%2097%2077%2070" value="+32484977770">+32 (0)484 97 77 70
> F: <a href="tel:%2B32%20%280%299%20236%2054%2012" value="+3292365412">+32 (0)9 236 54 12 __

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: <a href="tel:%2B32%209%20236%2060%2018" value="+3292366018">+32 9 236 60 18
GSM: <a href="tel:%2B32%20495%20508%20799" value="+32495508799">+32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

Oliver May

DFC Software Engineering

Brugsesteenweg 587
9030 Gent
T: +32 (0)484 97 77 70
F: +32 (0)9 236 54 12

W: http://www.dfc.be

Skype: skype://dfc.olivermay

Twitter: olivermay_be

Re: Invitation to the OSGeo.be ASBL Annual General Assembly

dirkf
Correct.

You have to send all the agenda points where voting is involved to the
members. If everybody is at the meeting, you can decide on the
agendapoints, and even decide to add some points, but if one voting
member is missing, you have to follow the agenda very strict. Even if
the member is represented by a mandated person.
This is because the voting member maybe would have decided to come if he
had knew about the new agenda point.

For voting: majority of the votes of the represented members counts for
most of the decisions. For some specific decisions, sometimes 3/4 quorum
is needed. (I think to change the bylaws, but not 100% sure).

Dirk.

--
Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

Re: Invitation to the OSGeo.be ASBL Annual General Assembly

Moritz Lennert
Le Wed, 16 Mar 2016 15:59:01 +0100,
Dirk Frigne <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> You can mandate somebody else to vote in your place on the proposed
> agenda. No other agenda topics could be added.

I know, but as I said: we didn't define the details of this. Do I have
to give a paper-based written mandate, or is an email enough ?

Moritz

Re: Invitation to the OSGeo.be ASBL Annual General Assembly

Maelle Vercauteren
For the moment our only voting member (not being part of the Board) is Moritz and he can’t come because he is not available at this date.

His comment on a missing point to the agenda looks right** and I think it has to be added as all Founding Members agree with that...

Following art. 20

"Les décisions de l'assemblée générale peuvent être prises par consentement des membres effectifs exprimé par écrit (y comprit par email) selon les modalités décrite dans un règlement d’ordre intérieur. »

Moritz can vote by writing or mail ‘to obtain the consensus’.

m2c, Maë//e

** I think I didn't understand "vote de la décharge des administrateurs", I thought it was equivalent to Resignations of the Composition of the board which is in the agenda...

Le Wed, 16 Mar 2016 15:59:01 +0100,
Dirk Frigne <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> You can mandate somebody else to vote in your place on the proposed
> agenda. No other agenda topics could be added.

I know, but as I said: we didn't define the details of this. Do I have
to give a paper-based written mandate, or is an email enough ?

Moritz

Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

Campus du Solbosch
Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

Re: Invitation to the OSGeo.be ASBL Annual General Assembly

Oliver May-3

I already added it to the agenda on the wiki. I put the items that came later in italics.

On 16 Mar 2016 7:56 pm, "Maelle Vercauteren" <[hidden email]> wrote:
For the moment our only voting member (not being part of the Board) is Moritz and he can’t come because he is not available at this date.

His comment on a missing point to the agenda looks right** and I think it has to be added as all Founding Members agree with that...

Following art. 20

"Les décisions de l'assemblée générale peuvent être prises par consentement des membres effectifs exprimé par écrit (y comprit par email) selon les modalités décrite dans un règlement d’ordre intérieur. »

Moritz can vote by writing or mail ‘to obtain the consensus’.

m2c, Maë//e

** I think I didn't understand "vote de la décharge des administrateurs", I thought it was equivalent to Resignations of the Composition of the board which is in the agenda...

Le Wed, 16 Mar 2016 15:59:01 +0100,
Dirk Frigne <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> You can mandate somebody else to vote in your place on the proposed
> agenda. No other agenda topics could be added.

I know, but as I said: we didn't define the details of this. Do I have
to give a paper-based written mandate, or is an email enough ?

Moritz

Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

Campus du Solbosch
Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

Re: Invitation to the OSGeo.be ASBL Annual General Assembly

dirkf
Moritz,

I don't expect any (legal) problems on our first GA, so an email should
be enough. If everybody agrees, there is never a problem, so I suggest
we vote that this is sufficient.

We can create such an internal rule very easy by voting a motion:

Motion to the board: an email with the expression to mandate an other
voting member to be represented on the GA 2016 is considered as a valid
mandate. He or she can bring out the (legal binding) vote of the person
as far as the email and the email address are originating from the
voting member expressing his will.

I vote +1.

Dirk

--
Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

Re: Invitation to the OSGeo.be ASBL Annual General Assembly

Oliver May
Dirk,

I would create a rule that is valid for all future general assemblies, not just this one.
I added this to the GA agenda under various. If we don' t need the GA for this, lets start a voting thread on the board mailinglist.

cheers,

Oliver

[...]

Oliver,

as the GA is next week and we are already running late, I proposed a
quick fix which gives us time to discuss a rule on the GA or on the
board list wich will be valable for all future events.

Dirk

--
Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

On 16/03/16 19:56, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:

> For the moment our only voting member (not being part of the Board) is
> Moritz and he can’t come because he is not available at this date.
>
> His comment on a missing point to the agenda looks right** and I think
> it has to be added as all Founding Members agree with that...
>

> Following art. 20
>
> "Les décisions de l'assemblée générale peuvent être prises par
> consentement des membres effectifs exprimé par écrit (y comprit par
> email) selon les modalités décrite dans un règlement d’ordre intérieur. »
>
> Moritz can vote by writing or mail ‘to obtain the consensus’.

Well, I hate to be formalistic, but it does say "selon les modalités
décrite dans un règlement d’ordre intérieur" which we don't have. ;-)

But I'll just follow Dirk's suggestion and write a mandate by email to
the mandated person with CC to the president and the secretary.

Moritz

Fwd: Invitation to the OSGeo.be ASBL Annual General Assembly

Oliver May
Hi Ben and Joost,

As promised, I am forwarding the invitation for our general assembly, so we can discuss the cooperation between osgeo.be and osm for our future events.

It would be nice to have you guys there!

cheers,

Oliver

Re: Invitation to the OSGeo.be ASBL Annual General Assembly

Johan Van de Wauw
On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Tommy Oozeer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear OSGeo.be Member,
>

> You are invited to join us for our 2016 Annual General Assembly of members
> convened as follows :
>

> March 24th 2016 at 19:00
>
> L'arrosoir
>
> Boulevard du Souverain, 256
> 1160 Auderghem

Hi all, this is a confirmation that the general assembly will take
place this evening in Brussels.

If you plan to come by public transport, note that metro line 5 to
Herman Debroux is not serviced for obvious reasons.
A number of us is coming by car. I will be driving from Ghent and I
can pick up people if needed. Gael can pick up people at Brussels
North if needed.
Please let me know if you need a lift (+32486025381).

Kind Regards,
Johan