Invalid layer name in ArCgis WMS cascading in Geoserver (space encoding)

Invalid layer name in ArCgis WMS cascading in Geoserver (space encoding)

Amedeo Fadini-2

Hi everybody,

When I  need to add to my geonode  (2.4) a WMS layer wich is not available in 900913 projection,
I'm used to set-up a WMS cascading store in Geoserver and rely on the power of Geowebcache (its' great).

Using the arcgis WMS layer from Regione Lombardia I ran into the issue described here:

Arcgis server expects that spaces in layer names will be encoded with %20 and not with +

Does anybody knows if this issue was fixed in Geoserver shipped with Geonode 2.6?
Is there any workaround to register in Geonode external WMS with different projection (EPSG: 32632 in this case)?

Is there any hack to setup Geoserver layer names encoded?

Thanks a lot!

Amedeo Fadini