Introduction

Brandon
Hi all

My name is Brandon Forsythe. I currently am employed at Penn State
University and hold a BS in Environmental Science and Graduate Cert in
GIS. I am interested in participating and helping getting the Geodata
Public data committe going and thriving. I use a wide variety of public
domain both professionally and personally teaching my homeschooled
children. I look forward to participating and getting this committee
thriving once again.

Sincerely

Brandon Forsythe

Re: Introduction

jody.garnett
Hey Brandon,

Jody Garnett with a request from the incubation committee - recently we have had a website wish to join our foundation. As a website they are using a CC license and do not really match our open source expectations. While we could assist them recast their work as a framework, similar GeoNode, perhaps they would be a better fit for the geodata committee?

Dear OSGeo Incubation Committee,

We would like to apply to become a Community Project  in OSGeo.
Our project - "Israel Hiking and Biking maps" is described in a Wiki page here.
It is a free participatory mapping project which is based on open code and open data and has an opensource license.
We plan to turn it into a world-wide project and would appreciate your help in integrating into the international OpenSource GIS community.
Feel free to ask us for any clarifications.

Sincerely,

Guy Shakhar, Harel Mazor, Zeev Stadler.
Israel Hiking and Biking maps

It would also help if geodata committee:"
- Was listed on our website https://www.osgeo.org/about/committees/ (nobody was active when the page was created, but you can update it if you send me your OSGeo user id)
- Made a status report, even just a request for volunteers, as part of the AGM
--
Jody Garnett