Interpolation plugin error message

antonio scotti
Hi all, I am new to this forum and to QGIS
I am trying to construct a DEM from contour lines by using QGIS 2.14.0.
I am doing this by using a clip rectangle on top of the contour lines and interpolating, by using the interpolation plugin

After I enter the data in the interpolation dialog and clic Save  I get an exception (se attached file).
Any help appreciated

Best regards

dem2f.tif (120 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Interpolation plugin error message

berndv.
Hi,
from my experiences longer ago, the interpolation plugin is not really easy to use and seems not to be maintained/enhanced for a long time.

Maybe you can find a substitute for your interpolation tasks in the Processing toolbox?

Cheers
Bernd

PermaCultura-es http://www.permacultura-es.org

--
Bernd Vogelgesang
Siedlerstraße 2

Re: Interpolation plugin error message

Lorenzo Bambi
> Hi all, I am new to this forum and to QGIS
> I am trying to construct a DEM from contour lines by using QGIS 2.14.0.
> I am doing this by using a clip rectangle on top of the contour lines and
> interpolating, by using the interpolation plugin
>
> After I enter the data in the interpolation dialog and clic Save  I get an
> exception (se attached file).
> Any help appreciated

Hi,
I have the same problem if i cut vector layers previously with
geoprocessing clip. If you want use the interpolation plugin, try not
to cut the vector layers, but after, cut the dem (raster -->
Exstraction --> Clipper).
Lorenzo

Re: Interpolation plugin error message

Steve.Toutant
Maybe this can help
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/199393/grass-tools-not-working-in-qgis-2-14-3-essen-osgeo4w

Make sure the path to grass is good.
steve

De :        antonio scotti <[hidden email]>
A :
Cc :        "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Date :        2017-03-08 10:07
Objet :        Re: [Qgis-user] Interpolation plugin error message
Envoyé par :        "Qgis-user" <[hidden email]>

Hi,
[...]

many thanks for all the suggestions.
I found out that the menu Raster->Analisis->Grid (Interpolation) has a similar funtionality that the one I was looking for so I could do the DEM eventually.

Now another little issue happened. The created DEM is in gray scale colors. I'd like to give it other colors to better differentiate the various elevations. When I use the style dialog and I choose a pseudocolor color scale and spectrum type....after I click ok the DEM desappears from view and only the clipped-contours layer remains (as before building the DEM)
Any ideas why this happens and how can I get the spectral coloring?

Il Mercoledì 8 Marzo 2017 18:48, Steve Toutant <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Maybe this can help
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/199393/grass-tools-not-working-in-qgis-2-14-3-essen-osgeo4w

Make sure the path to grass is good.
steve

Re: Interpolation plugin error message

antonio scotti
Hi Lorenzo, I tried to interpolate before cutting the contour lines layer but it takes a massive amount of time to generate and blocks my computer, taking all its computational resources. Apparently this (cropping a layer by a rectangle with the geoprocessing tool and then interpolate) works well on a previous version of QGis I wonder why it doesn't in the latest releases??????

I tried to do this with the latest release of QGIS 2.18.....I have a laptop with win8.1 Intel core I5 and Gb ram....only!
Any other "simple" way that this can be done?
Cheers