Installing geoserver as a service on ubuntu

Installing geoserver as a service on ubuntu

barteloma
I have installed geoserver on ubuntu server. And my screencast like this after installition.

Message: Started SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8080

I accessed to geoserver from browser. And I cancelled from this screen but now I can not access geoserver from browser. I looked services but not found geoserver.

How can I install it as a service, to all time work.

Re: Installing geoserver as a service on ubuntu

Stefano Iacovella

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5145020/den.png>

I accessed to geoserver from browser. And I cancelled from this screen but
now I can not access geoserver from browser. I looked services but not found
geoserver.

How can I install it as a service, to all time work.

How did you install it on Ubuntu?
If you used the war artifact on Tomcat you need to add a startup script for Tomcat to be automaticly started at boot.

http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/production/linuxscript.html

Cheers,

Stefano

41.95581N 12.52854E

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoiacovella

http://twitter.com/#!/Iacovellas

Re: Installing geoserver as a service on ubuntu

Christian Mueller-3
The easiest way would would be

Install tomcat with
sudo apt-get install tomcat

Download the web archive package from http://geoserver.org/release/stable/

Drop the war file into <tomcat_install_dir>/webapps

Voila

Cheers
Christian

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 1:08 PM, barteloma <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have installed geoserver on ubuntu server. And my screencast like this
after installition.

Message: *Started SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8080*

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5145020/den.png>

I accessed to geoserver from browser. And I cancelled from this screen but
now I can not access geoserver from browser. I looked services but not found
geoserver.

How can I install it as a service, to all time work.

DI Christian Mueller MSc (GIS), MSc (IT-Security)
OSS Open Source Solutions GmbH