Installing Geoserver 2.1.1 with ECW support

Installing Geoserver 2.1.1 with ECW support

AZAMaGEr
Hi forum,

Just want to share my struggles to add ECW support to Geoserver-2.1.1 (which turned out to be really easy)

Geoserver 2.1.1 with ECW (v3.3) support
1. Download Geoserver 2.1.1 from
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/geoserver/geoserver-2.1.1-bin.zip
1a. extract to c:\bin\geoserver

2. Download imageio 1.1.1 installer from
http://java.net/projects/imageio-ext/downloads/download/Releases/ImageIO-Ext/1.1.x/1.1.1/windowsInstaller/windows32-imageio-ext-installer-gdal-mrsid-ecw-1.1.1.zip
2b. Install it to c:\imageio
2c. Remove c:\bin\geoserver\webapps\geoserver\WEB-INF\lib\imageio-ext-*1.0.8*
2d. Copy c:\imageio\lib\*.* to c:\bin\geoserver\webapps\geoserver\WEB-INF\lib
(imageio installer will also copy gdal dll, ecw sdk dll to your java\bin directory)

3.Add Environment variables for
GDAL_DATA c:\imageio\gdaldata
GDAL_DRIVER_PATH c:\imageio\gdalplugin

4. Start geoserver

Re: Installing Geoserver 2.1.1 with ECW support

gemaps

Hi, I'm new using geoserver. I installed windows version 2.1.2 GeoServer.
I also installed 1.1.1 ImageIO installer from:

http://java.net/projects/imageio-ext/downloads/download/Releases/ImageIO-Ext/1.1.x/1.1.1/windowsInstaller/windows32-imageio-ext-installer-gdal-mrsid-ecw-1.1.1.zip .

I set the environment variables as illustrated above. But do not get to add ECW support to GeoServer-2.1.1.
Please, if you can help me.
Greetings.

Re: Installing Geoserver 2.1.1 with ECW support

wouterscm
It was a struggle for me too, but this finally did the trick, thank you!

gemaps, did you do 2c and 2d too? It will not work if you don't copy the files.