Installers updated to support mirrors

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi,

as you might have noticed the new QGIS release currently produces heavy load on
download.osgeo.org.   I've add reinstated the original support for mirrors from
cygwin in our installers that was previously hardwired to download.osgeo.org.

The mirrors are listed in http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/mirrors.lst, which
is automatically fetched by the installer.  To reduce the load I mirrored
OSGeo4W to our site and included it.

When package are promoted a list of cgi remoted urls is invoked.  For our site
I use https://gitlab.com/jef-n/osgeo4w/blob/master/scripts/mirror-osgeo4w.sh to
rsync the updates (only the files that are referenced in setup.ini).

I guess the oslandia mirror should be added too - I just didn't do that
already, because it currently only carries the 64bit packages...

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Re: Installers updated to support mirrors

Hugo Mercier
Hi Jürgen,

On 26/02/2018 21:48, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as you might have noticed the new QGIS release currently produces heavy load on
> download.osgeo.org.   I've add reinstated the original support for mirrors from
> cygwin in our installers that was previously hardwired to download.osgeo.org.
>
> The mirrors are listed in http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/mirrors.lst, which
> is automatically fetched by the installer.  To reduce the load I mirrored
> OSGeo4W to our site and included it.

Nice ! Thanks for that.

> When package are promoted a list of cgi remoted urls is invoked.  For our site
> I use https://gitlab.com/jef-n/osgeo4w/blob/master/scripts/mirror-osgeo4w.sh to
> rsync the updates (only the files that are referenced in setup.ini).
>
> I guess the oslandia mirror should be added too - I just didn't do that
> already, because it currently only carries the 64bit packages...

The 32 bits is now there. http://osgeo4w-oslandia.com/mirror/x86/

I still have to add a cgi-bin to be notified of updates on our side ...

Re: Installers updated to support mirrors

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi Hugo,

On Tue, 27. Feb 2018 at 16:44:11 +0100, Hugo Mercier wrote:

> > When package are promoted a list of cgi remoted urls is invoked.  For our site
> > I use https://gitlab.com/jef-n/osgeo4w/blob/master/scripts/mirror-osgeo4w.sh to
> > rsync the updates (only the files that are referenced in setup.ini).
> >
> > I guess the oslandia mirror should be added too - I just didn't do that
> > already, because it currently only carries the 64bit packages...
> >

> The 32 bits is now there. http://osgeo4w-oslandia.com/mirror/x86/
>
> I still have to add a cgi-bin to be notified of updates on our side ...
mirrors.lst updated.

Please notify when the cgi is ready...

Jürgen