Installation Failure

deanhowell
I have just downloaded version 3.0 of GeoNetwork but getting lots of issues
when trying to install.

To start with I am running Windows 7 (64 bit)

I used the normal double click method to open the .jar file and followed
the bouncing ball. The install finished and I press Next and it just stalls
at that point with the cursor circle going around and around. After waiting
a while I had to close the window but nothing installed.

I then tried running it at the command line and got the following output
and failure at the same point.

C:\Users\deanhowell\Downloads>java -jar geonetwork-install-3.0.0-0.jar
could not create shortcut instance
java.lang.Exception: unidentified problem initializing COM
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
com.izforge.izpack.util.os.ShellLink.initializeC
OM()I
        at com.izforge.izpack.util.os.ShellLink.initialize(Unknown Source)
        at com.izforge.izpack.util.os.ShellLink.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.izforge.izpack.util.os.Win_Shortcut.initialize(Unknown
Source)
        at com.izforge.izpack.panels.ShortcutPanel.panelActivate(Unknown
Source)

        at com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame.switchPanel(Unknown
Sourc
e)
        at com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame.navigateNext(Unknown
Sour
ce)
        at com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame.navigateNext(Unknown
Sour
ce)
        at
com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame$NavigationHandler.navigat
e(Unknown Source)
        at
com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame$NavigationHandler.access$
100(Unknown Source)
        at
com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame$NavigationHandler$1.run(U
nknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.izforge.izpack.util.os.Win_Shortcut.getProgramsFolder(Unknown Sou
rce)
        at
com.izforge.izpack.panels.ShortcutPanel.getProgramsFolder(Unknown Sou
[...]

Exception in thread "Thread-13" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.izforge.izpack.panels.ShortcutPanel.isValidated(Unknown
Source)
        at com.izforge.izpack.installer.IzPanel.panelValidated(Unknown
Source)
        at com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame.navigateNext(Unknown
Sour
ce)
        at com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame.navigateNext(Unknown
Sour
ce)
        at
com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame$NavigationHandler.navigat
e(Unknown Source)
        at
com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame$NavigationHandler.access$
100(Unknown Source)
        at
com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame$NavigationHandler$1.run(U
nknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

C:\Users\deanhowell\Downloads>

Any thoughts?

Re: Installation Failure

David Percy
are you running as administrator role?

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 10:34 PM, Dean Howell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
>         at com.izforge.izpack.panels.ShortcutPanel.isValidated(Unknown
> Source)
>         at com.izforge.izpack.installer.IzPanel.panelValidated(Unknown
> Source)
>         at com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame.navigateNext(Unknown
> Sour
> ce)
>         at com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame.navigateNext(Unknown
> Sour
> ce)
>         at
> com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame$NavigationHandler.navigat
> e(Unknown Source)
>         at
> com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame$NavigationHandler.access$
> 100(Unknown Source)
>         at
> com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame$NavigationHandler$1.run(U

David Percy ("Percy")
-Geospatial Data Manager
-Web Map Wrangler
-GIS Instructor
Portland State University
-gisgeek.pdx.edu
-geology.pdx.edu

Re: Installation Failure

deanhowell
No

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 4:01 PM David Percy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>         at com.izforge.izpack.installer.IzPanel.panelValidated(Unknown
>> Source)
>>         at
>> com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame.navigateNext(Unknown
>> Sour
>> ce)
>>         at
>> com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame.navigateNext(Unknown
>> Sour
>> ce)
>>         at
>> com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame$NavigationHandler.navigat
>> e(Unknown Source)
>>         at
>> com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame$NavigationHandler.access$
>> 100(Unknown Source)
>>         at
>> com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame$NavigationHandler$1.run(U

Re: Installation Failure

Jose Garcia
Hi

There was a similar issue reported for Windows Server 64bit, probably the
same you have with Windows 7 64bit. I put here the solution that was
pointed by Francois:

*See https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/issues/983
<https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/issues/983>*

*As a workaround, you could *
** use the WAR file to install the application*
** or copy the installation from the working machine*

Regards,
Jose GarcĂ­a

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 8:03 AM, Dean Howell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> >>         at com.izforge.izpack.installer.IzPanel.panelValidated(Unknown
> >> Source)
> >>         at
> >> com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame.navigateNext(Unknown
> >> Sour
> >> ce)
> >>         at
> >> com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame.navigateNext(Unknown
> >> Sour
> >> ce)
> >>         at
> >> com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame$NavigationHandler.navigat
> >> e(Unknown Source)
> >>         at
> >> com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame$NavigationHandler.access$
> >> 100(Unknown Source)
> >>         at
> >> com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame$NavigationHandler$1.run(U

*GeoCat Bridge for ArcGIS allows instant publishing of data and metadata on
GeoServer and GeoNetwork. Visit http://geocat.net <http://geocat.net/> for
details. _________________________Jose GarcĂ­aGeoCat bvVeenderweg 136721 WD
BennekomThe Netherlandshttp://GeoCat.net <http://geocat.net/>*