Install Tilecache

osullivj
Hi,

I am interested in getting tilecache up and running but I am having trouble getting it working. I have GeoServer installed (running on Jetty) when I install Tilecache into the webapps directory I can see openlayers running but I am getting the infamous pink tiles

What do I need to do to get tilecache running, I have little experience in the CGI side of things.

Thanks
Jerry

Re: Install Tilecache

Jon Blower
Hi Jerry,

If you are simply copying the tilecache Python code into the webapps
directory of GeoServer then this won't work (GeoServer is a Java app
and Java web applications don't work in the same way as CGI
applications).

However, I have done some work to convert TileCache (version 1.4) to
work as a Java web application, so this might work for you.  Please
see my notes at
http://www.resc.rdg.ac.uk/twiki/bin/view/Resc/TileCacheAsJavaServlet.

Essentially, you download TileCache as a web application (WAR file)
from the above page and drop it in your webapps directory.  You might
have to restart Jetty.  You have to create a tilecache config file, as
described on the tilecache website.

Please note that I have only done very basic testing on this!  Any
comments would be most welcome.

Hope this helps,
Jon

On 4/26/07, Jerry O'Sullivan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am interested in getting tilecache up and running but I am having trouble
> getting it working. I have GeoServer installed (running on Jetty) when I
> install Tilecache into the webapps directory I can see openlayers running
> but I am getting the infamous pink tiles
>
> What do I need to do to get tilecache running, I have little experience in
> the CGI side of things.
>
> Thanks
> Jerry

Dr Jon Blower              Tel: +44 118 378 5213 (direct line)
Technical Director         Tel: +44 118 378 8741 (ESSC)
Reading e-Science Centre   Fax: +44 118 378 6413
ESSC                       Email: [hidden email]
University of Reading
3 Earley Gate
Reading RG6 6AL, UK