Install PostGIS without StackBuilder - Windows

Install PostGIS without StackBuilder - Windows

LECHEMIA Theo

Hello,

I'm trying to install PostGIS on Windows. I'm on a company computer, so we're behind a proxy which forbide the StackBuilder application to access to the PostgresSQL extension list (https://www.postgresql.org/applications-v2.xml).

 I download the binairy files of PostGIS here (http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/windows/) and I would like to install the extension manually but I don't find any documentation which explain how to do.

Is anybody already face to this problem ?

Thank you fo your answer

Théo

error_postgres.PNG (33K) Download Attachment

Re: Install PostGIS without StackBuilder - Windows

Tumasgiu Rossini
Hello.

Using the wizard of postgis-bundle-pg96x64-setup-2.3.0-1.exe is quite easy and straighforward as far as I remember.

Hello,

I'm trying to install PostGIS on Windows. I'm on a company computer, so we're behind a proxy which forbide the StackBuilder application to access to the PostgresSQL extension list (https://www.postgresql.org/applications-v2.xml).

 I download the binairy files of PostGIS here (http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/windows/) and I would like to install the extension manually but I don't find any documentation which explain how to do.

Is anybody already face to this problem ?

Thank you fo your answer

Théo

Re: Install PostGIS without StackBuilder - Windows

Regina Obe

Theo,

Tumasgiu is right, it should be pretty straightforward if you use the exe.  All the application stackbuilder does is downloads and runs that same exe.

Hope that helps,

Regina

http://www.postgis.us

http://postgis.net

Re: Install PostGIS without StackBuilder - Windows

LECHEMIA Theo

Yes, thanks you it works perfectly !

I didn't find this .exe