Inquiry About Grass Gis 7.4

mukisa nicholas
Dear In-charge,

I installed GRASS GIS 7.4 version and also installed r.local.relief extension.The add-on shows that has been installed but when I one Modules, under Addons it does not show. How could I get over this challenge?

Nicholas M.
Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Inquiry About Grass Gis 7.4

Markus Neteler
Hi Nicholas,

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 9:39 AM, mukisa nicholas
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear In-charge,
>
> I installed GRASS GIS 7.4 version and also installed r.local.relief
> extension.The add-on shows that has been installed but when I one Modules,
> under Addons it does not show. How could I get over this challenge?

a similar problem was reported recently, if I recall correctly.

Two (to each other unrelated) questions:
- do you use Windows?
- in the GUI command line, can you execute r.local.relief? (i.e., is
it installed but just missing from the menu?)

Best,
Markus

--
Markus Neteler, PhD
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software

Re: Inquiry About Grass Gis 7.4

Martin Landa

> - in the GUI command line, can you execute r.local.relief? (i.e., is
> it installed but just missing from the menu?)

it's possible to run module from GUI console as Markus noted. In
search engine (Modules tab) the module will appear when you start
GRASS again. Please fill a bug report [1].

Ma

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/#BugTracking

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa

Re: Inquiry About Grass Gis 7.4

mukisa nicholas-2
Dear Markus,
 Thank you for your reply.
I am using GRASS on windows.
r.local.relief is installed. Under manage installed add-ons in settings, it shows as installed. However, when you want to execute it, when you open manage layer in modules, it doesn't apply.

That is my challenge.  I noted that someone else had the say challenge sometime back, unfortunately there are no answers on his GIS question.

Best wishes

Nicholas Mukisa
PhD Researcher
Auckland University of Technology -AUT