InlineFeature appearing under labels?

Michael Brasser
Hi,

I have a question about how inline features are rendered in Geoserver
(1.3.1a). For a basic example like the following:

<NamedLayer>
</NamedLayer>

<UserLayer>
     <InlineFeature>
     </InlineFeature>
     <UserStyle>
     </UserStyle>
</UserLayer>

it seems like the inline feature will be drawn over any overlapping
features on the named layer, but *not* over their labels. i.e. it seem
like the z-order is:
1: named layer feature
2: inline feature
3. named layer feature label

Have others observed this behaviour? Is there a way to "promote" (or
demote?) inline features to be rendered over everything else,
including labels?

Thanks,
Michael Brasser

Re: InlineFeature appearing under labels?

Brent Owens
You can probably get away with rendering another layer as well, maybe
just an empty layer, and include the inline features with its style. If
the second layer is specified after the first layer, it will be rendered
second, and on top.

But I think it is correct that the inline features render with the
geometries (under the labels) because they are essentially now part of
the dataset.

Brent Owens
(The Open Planning Project)