Quantcast

Initial Update and Requests from Dar es Salaam 2018

Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Initial Update and Requests from Dar es Salaam 2018

Mark Iliffe-2
Hello Conference List,

As the co-chair of FOSS4G 2018 in Dar es Salaam, I’d like to provide an update on our progress and make a few requests. Currently our LOC is starting on the organising our conference - we’ve already started to reach out throughout the wider local tech/geo ecosystem to seed/raise aware of FOSS4G, formed internal committees around program, logistics and outreach. Hopefully, well ahead of schedule!

In this light, our LOC has a few questions that we’d like to raise:

  • Who is our nominated liaison on the OSGeo board - assuming this is Maria, but we’d like to confirm.
  • How can we get access to 2018.foss4g.org? We would like prepare our landing page and outreach blitz in preparation for launch at Boston;

In time, I’m sure we’ll raise more questions, and in my duties as co-chair I’ll keep this list updated with our progress.

Best,

Mark

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook#Website
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Initial Update and Requests from Dar es Salaam 2018

Eli Adam
Hi Mark and Dar es Salaam 2018 LOC,


On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 2:49 AM, Mark Iliffe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Conference List,
>
> As the co-chair of FOSS4G 2018 in Dar es Salaam, I’d like to provide an
> update on our progress and make a few requests. Currently our LOC is
> starting on the organising our conference - we’ve already started to reach
> out throughout the wider local tech/geo ecosystem to seed/raise aware of
> FOSS4G, formed internal committees around program, logistics and outreach.
> Hopefully, well ahead of schedule!

Great!

>
> In this light, our LOC has a few questions that we’d like to raise:
>
> Who is our nominated liaison on the OSGeo board - assuming this is Maria,
> but we’d like to confirm.

I'm not quite sure what you're discussing.  Are you talking about the
financial oversight role that has happened in some past year?  Or are
you talking about a Board member who gives reports to the Board?
There should probably be a motion for that either at the Conference
Committee or Board depending on which of those roles you're
discussing.

> How can we get access to 2018.foss4g.org? We would like prepare our landing
> page and outreach blitz in preparation for launch at Boston;
>

This and really all OSGeo infrastructure requests or questions go
through an OSGeo SAC ticket,
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC#Task_Tracking.  Make sure to set the
component or they might not get it.  Referencing similar old SAC
tickets could be useful too,
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/search?q=dns+foss4g&noquickjump=1&ticket=on

You bring up Boston which is great.  You'll want to coordinate with
them until the conclusion of the 2017 event.

>
> In time, I’m sure we’ll raise more questions, and in my duties as co-chair
> I’ll keep this list updated with our progress.

Thanks, Eli


>
> Best,
>
> Mark
>
> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook#Website
>
> _______________________________________________
> Conference_dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Initial Update and Requests from Dar es Salaam 2018

Mark Iliffe-2
Hi Eli,

Thanks for this - we’ll raise a ticket accordingly for the website. We have a representative of the OSGEO board on our LOC - Maria. We had made collaboration with OSGEO’s committees a key part of our proposal - we want to ensure that this awareness is raised to the fullest extent.

I’ll make a SAC request shortly. With Boston, we want to ensure that we’re picking up the torch immediately after the conference - we don’t want to steal Boston’s thunder, but we would like to be prepared for the unique circumstances of our conference. There has been much discussion regarding the cost of a FOSS4G in the lists - we believe that communications and outreach is key to raising awareness for our conference. We will also coordinate with the Boston LOC!

Best,

Mark

> On 14 Feb 2017, at 16:49, Eli Adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Mark and Dar es Salaam 2018 LOC,
>
>
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 2:49 AM, Mark Iliffe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello Conference List,
>>
>> As the co-chair of FOSS4G 2018 in Dar es Salaam, I’d like to provide an
>> update on our progress and make a few requests. Currently our LOC is
>> starting on the organising our conference - we’ve already started to reach
>> out throughout the wider local tech/geo ecosystem to seed/raise aware of
>> FOSS4G, formed internal committees around program, logistics and outreach.
>> Hopefully, well ahead of schedule!
>
> Great!
>
>>
>> In this light, our LOC has a few questions that we’d like to raise:
>>
>> Who is our nominated liaison on the OSGeo board - assuming this is Maria,
>> but we’d like to confirm.
>
> I'm not quite sure what you're discussing.  Are you talking about the
> financial oversight role that has happened in some past year?  Or are
> you talking about a Board member who gives reports to the Board?
> There should probably be a motion for that either at the Conference
> Committee or Board depending on which of those roles you're
> discussing.
>
>> How can we get access to 2018.foss4g.org? We would like prepare our landing
>> page and outreach blitz in preparation for launch at Boston;
>>
>
> This and really all OSGeo infrastructure requests or questions go
> through an OSGeo SAC ticket,
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC#Task_Tracking.  Make sure to set the
> component or they might not get it.  Referencing similar old SAC
> tickets could be useful too,
> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/search?q=dns+foss4g&noquickjump=1&ticket=on
>
> You bring up Boston which is great.  You'll want to coordinate with
> them until the conclusion of the 2017 event.
>
>>
>> In time, I’m sure we’ll raise more questions, and in my duties as co-chair
>> I’ll keep this list updated with our progress.
>
> Thanks, Eli
>
>
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook#Website
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Conference_dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Initial Update and Requests from Dar es Salaam 2018

Michael Terner
+1 to what Mark wrote.

The Boston Team has reached out to Mark individually to offer our full support and ability to answer any questions the Dar es Salaam team may have (just as Till graciously did for us).

Also, when we took on the OSGeo advance, one of the conditions was having an OSGeo Board Member join our LOC. Sanghee Shin volunteered and is a formal member of the team and has been very helpful in answering questions and providing advice.

We appreciate (and practiced ourselves) the "not stealing the thunder" sensitivity, but we are happy to help. Also, just as Bonn provided for us we can assure the Dar Team that we will provide room on our program for a great introduction to FOSS4G 2018 and an ability to strut your stuff on the Boston stage!

MT

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 10:28 PM, Mark Iliffe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Eli,

Thanks for this - we’ll raise a ticket accordingly for the website. We have a representative of the OSGEO board on our LOC - Maria. We had made collaboration with OSGEO’s committees a key part of our proposal - we want to ensure that this awareness is raised to the fullest extent.

I’ll make a SAC request shortly. With Boston, we want to ensure that we’re picking up the torch immediately after the conference - we don’t want to steal Boston’s thunder, but we would like to be prepared for the unique circumstances of our conference. There has been much discussion regarding the cost of a FOSS4G in the lists - we believe that communications and outreach is key to raising awareness for our conference. We will also coordinate with the Boston LOC!

Best,

Mark

> On 14 Feb 2017, at 16:49, Eli Adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Mark and Dar es Salaam 2018 LOC,
>
>
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 2:49 AM, Mark Iliffe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello Conference List,
>>
>> As the co-chair of FOSS4G 2018 in Dar es Salaam, I’d like to provide an
>> update on our progress and make a few requests. Currently our LOC is
>> starting on the organising our conference - we’ve already started to reach
>> out throughout the wider local tech/geo ecosystem to seed/raise aware of
>> FOSS4G, formed internal committees around program, logistics and outreach.
>> Hopefully, well ahead of schedule!
>
> Great!
>
>>
>> In this light, our LOC has a few questions that we’d like to raise:
>>
>> Who is our nominated liaison on the OSGeo board - assuming this is Maria,
>> but we’d like to confirm.
>
> I'm not quite sure what you're discussing.  Are you talking about the
> financial oversight role that has happened in some past year?  Or are
> you talking about a Board member who gives reports to the Board?
> There should probably be a motion for that either at the Conference
> Committee or Board depending on which of those roles you're
> discussing.
>
>> How can we get access to 2018.foss4g.org? We would like prepare our landing
>> page and outreach blitz in preparation for launch at Boston;
>>
>
> This and really all OSGeo infrastructure requests or questions go
> through an OSGeo SAC ticket,
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC#Task_Tracking.  Make sure to set the
> component or they might not get it.  Referencing similar old SAC
> tickets could be useful too,
> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/search?q=dns+foss4g&noquickjump=1&ticket=on
>
> You bring up Boston which is great.  You'll want to coordinate with
> them until the conclusion of the 2017 event.
>
>>
>> In time, I’m sure we’ll raise more questions, and in my duties as co-chair
>> I’ll keep this list updated with our progress.
>
> Thanks, Eli
>
>
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook#Website
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Conference_dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev



--
Michael Terner
Executive Vice President
617-447-2468 Direct | 617-447-2400 Main
Applied Geographics, Inc.
24 School Street, Suite 500
Boston, MA 02108

www.AppGeo.com
 

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this message and material in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Initial Update and Requests from Dar es Salaam 2018

Mark Iliffe-2
Michael, 

Thanks we appreciate the support and we look forward to strutting our stuff in the great city of Boston. We also have an ex-Chair in the form of Gavin Fleming on our LOC too with large experience in our team providing advice too.

Best,

Mark

On 16 Feb 2017, at 14:25, Michael Terner <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1 to what Mark wrote.

The Boston Team has reached out to Mark individually to offer our full support and ability to answer any questions the Dar es Salaam team may have (just as Till graciously did for us).

Also, when we took on the OSGeo advance, one of the conditions was having an OSGeo Board Member join our LOC. Sanghee Shin volunteered and is a formal member of the team and has been very helpful in answering questions and providing advice.

We appreciate (and practiced ourselves) the "not stealing the thunder" sensitivity, but we are happy to help. Also, just as Bonn provided for us we can assure the Dar Team that we will provide room on our program for a great introduction to FOSS4G 2018 and an ability to strut your stuff on the Boston stage!

MT

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 10:28 PM, Mark Iliffe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Eli,

Thanks for this - we’ll raise a ticket accordingly for the website. We have a representative of the OSGEO board on our LOC - Maria. We had made collaboration with OSGEO’s committees a key part of our proposal - we want to ensure that this awareness is raised to the fullest extent.

I’ll make a SAC request shortly. With Boston, we want to ensure that we’re picking up the torch immediately after the conference - we don’t want to steal Boston’s thunder, but we would like to be prepared for the unique circumstances of our conference. There has been much discussion regarding the cost of a FOSS4G in the lists - we believe that communications and outreach is key to raising awareness for our conference. We will also coordinate with the Boston LOC!

Best,

Mark

> On 14 Feb 2017, at 16:49, Eli Adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Mark and Dar es Salaam 2018 LOC,
>
>
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 2:49 AM, Mark Iliffe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello Conference List,
>>
>> As the co-chair of FOSS4G 2018 in Dar es Salaam, I’d like to provide an
>> update on our progress and make a few requests. Currently our LOC is
>> starting on the organising our conference - we’ve already started to reach
>> out throughout the wider local tech/geo ecosystem to seed/raise aware of
>> FOSS4G, formed internal committees around program, logistics and outreach.
>> Hopefully, well ahead of schedule!
>
> Great!
>
>>
>> In this light, our LOC has a few questions that we’d like to raise:
>>
>> Who is our nominated liaison on the OSGeo board - assuming this is Maria,
>> but we’d like to confirm.
>
> I'm not quite sure what you're discussing.  Are you talking about the
> financial oversight role that has happened in some past year?  Or are
> you talking about a Board member who gives reports to the Board?
> There should probably be a motion for that either at the Conference
> Committee or Board depending on which of those roles you're
> discussing.
>
>> How can we get access to 2018.foss4g.org? We would like prepare our landing
>> page and outreach blitz in preparation for launch at Boston;
>>
>
> This and really all OSGeo infrastructure requests or questions go
> through an OSGeo SAC ticket,
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC#Task_Tracking.  Make sure to set the
> component or they might not get it.  Referencing similar old SAC
> tickets could be useful too,
> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/search?q=dns+foss4g&noquickjump=1&ticket=on
>
> You bring up Boston which is great.  You'll want to coordinate with
> them until the conclusion of the 2017 event.
>
>>
>> In time, I’m sure we’ll raise more questions, and in my duties as co-chair
>> I’ll keep this list updated with our progress.
>
> Thanks, Eli
>
>
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook#Website
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Conference_dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev



--
Michael Terner
Executive Vice President
617-447-2468 Direct | 617-447-2400 Main
Applied Geographics, Inc.
24 School Street, Suite 500
Boston, MA 02108

www.AppGeo.com
 

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this message and material in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).


_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Initial Update and Requests from Dar es Salaam 2018

Darrell Fuhriman
In reply to this post by Mark Iliffe-2
Mark, did you get answers to your questions? I realize it’s been a while.

Darrell

On Feb 14, 2017, at 02:49, Mark Iliffe <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Conference List,

As the co-chair of FOSS4G 2018 in Dar es Salaam, I’d like to provide an update on our progress and make a few requests. Currently our LOC is starting on the organising our conference - we’ve already started to reach out throughout the wider local tech/geo ecosystem to seed/raise aware of FOSS4G, formed internal committees around program, logistics and outreach. Hopefully, well ahead of schedule!

In this light, our LOC has a few questions that we’d like to raise:

  • Who is our nominated liaison on the OSGeo board - assuming this is Maria, but we’d like to confirm.
  • How can we get access to 2018.foss4g.org? We would like prepare our landing page and outreach blitz in preparation for launch at Boston;

In time, I’m sure we’ll raise more questions, and in my duties as co-chair I’ll keep this list updated with our progress.

Best,

Mark

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook#Website
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev


_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Loading...