In: wps plugin problem

samanta

Hi,
I have a problem with wps plugin, this are the steps that I execute:
1) I create my connection at my local Geoserver
2) I choose a wps (for example gs:Count, by Geosolution)
3) I execute the wps

The response is:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\a2sb0132/.qgis2/python/plugins\wps\wpslib\executionresult.py", line 129, in resultHandler
    self.parseResult(resultXML)
  File "C:\Users\a2sb0132/.qgis2/python/plugins\wps\wpslib\executionresult.py", line 202, in parseResult
    statusXML = pystring()
TypeError: pystring() takes exactly 1 argument (0 given)

do you have any ideas for my problem?

The versions that I use are:

Python version:
2.7.5 (default, May 15 2013, 22:44:16) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)]

QGIS version:
2.0.1-Dufour Dufour, d94c044

Wps-plugin: 2.0.9 Date: 2014-06-25

Any suggestion?

thank you

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate e confidenziali e ne e' vietata la diffusione in qualsiasi modo o forma. Qualora Lei non fosse la persona destinataria del presente messaggio, La invitiamo a non diffonderlo e ad eliminarlo, dandone gentilmente comunicazione al mittente.
The information included in this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the correct recipient, you are kindly requested to notify the sender immediately, to cancel it and not to disclose the contents to any other person.
Die Informationen in dieser E-Mail-Mitteilung sind vertraulich und deren Verbreitung in jeglicher Art oder Form ist untersagt. Sollten Sie diese Nachricht irrtümlich erhalten haben, ersuchen wir Sie, sofort den Absender darüber zu informieren und die Mail zu löschen.

http://www.dedagroup.it

Re: In: wps plugin problem

jomarlla
Hi Samanta.
This is the same error I get when I try to connect from QGIS to my local GeoServer WPS Service.
I coulnt make QGIS WPS client work with GeoServer.

The last time I sent a post to this list (several months ago) the conclusion was that currently is not possible to connect QGIS WPS Plugin with Geoserver WPS.
Hope someone can help us now.
Cheers,
Jose

On 10/09/2014 13:33, [hidden email] wrote:

[...]

------------------------------
José Carlos Martínez Llario
http://cartosig.upv.es

Producción Cartográfica y SIG.
Dpto. Ingeniería Cartográfica.
Univ. Politécnica de Valencia.

Rif: Re: In: wps plugin problem

samanta

Thank you very much, for your reponse,
My colleague opened a ticket on their redmine too (http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11178) and I hope someone can help us.

Best regards,

Samanta

    SAMANTA BIASIOLLI
    Laboratorio Sviluppo SW
    SINERGIS - Sede di Trento

    Sinergis

[...]

Re: Rif: Re: In: wps plugin problem

Salvatore Larosa-2
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 2:04 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you very much, for your reponse,
My colleague opened a ticket on their redmine too (http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11178) and I hope someone can help us.

this is a specific issue for the WPS plugin, so you should file a ticket to the correct bug tracker [0] in order to warn the maintainer.
Also, should be helpful adding a sample URL to test.

Regards,
-SL

[0] - http://hub.qgis.org/projects/qgswps

--
Salvatore Larosa
linkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/larosasalvatore

Rif: Re: Rif: Re: In: wps plugin problem

samanta

We have just opened a new ticket about WPS Client issue http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11180 , could you please close the old one.

Thank you.

SAMANTA BIASIOLLI
Laboratorio Sviluppo SW
SINERGIS - Sede di Trento
T. +39 0461 0461997245
F. +39 0461 997330

Sinergis

Inactive hide details for Salvatore Larosa ---10/09/2014 14.28.59---Hi, On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 2:04 PM, <Samanta.Biasiolli@sinSalvatore Larosa ---10/09/2014 14.28.59---Hi, On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 2:04 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Re: In: wps plugin problem

Salvatore Larosa-2
Hi José,

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 1:37 PM, José Carlos Martínez Llario <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Samanta.
This is the same error I get when I try to connect from QGIS to my local GeoServer WPS Service.
I coulnt make QGIS WPS client work with GeoServer.

The last time I sent a post to this list (several months ago) the conclusion was that currently is not possible to connect QGIS WPS Plugin with Geoserver WPS.

I don't know if the WPS client plugin works fine with a Geoserver WPS URL, I never tried it, but looking at the code, if that piece of code is running then it was throwing some error from WPS server side, I guess.
I changed the source code so I can see the error and avoid the pystring exception.
Before I submit the patch I would like to test with a Geoserver WPS URL, Could anyone share any Geoserver WPS URL?

--
Salvatore Larosa
linkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/larosasalvatore
twitter: @lrssvt
skype: s.larosa
IRC: lrssvt on freenode

Re: Rif: Re: In: wps plugin problem

Salvatore Larosa-2
Hi Samanta,

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 3:00 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

We have just opened a new ticket about WPS Client issue http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11180 , could you please close the old one.

I just issued a patch for the pystring exception. If you can test it you should get back the error message of why your wps process is not working.

Regards,
-SL