Impossible to translate a string

skampus
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hi, I'm trying to translate this string of QGIS-application in italian, but Transifex tells that there is an error in the original english phrase

ERROR: %n feature(s) not added - geometry type is not compatible with the current layer.

it's not possible to save a translation "Fill in all plurals to continue".

I'm translating from English to Italian. Is there any other language which has same problem?

thank you

stefano

Re: Impossible to translate a string

Klas Karlsson
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

I don't really understand? Isn't this the text you should translate?

I.E. It isn't an error! It's a text to be translated, that happens to be an error message.

Regards

Den 2017-09-01 kl. 15:04, skrev Stefano Campus:
ERROR: %n feature(s) not added

Re: Impossible to translate a string

Klas Karlsson
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Now I see your point!

In the translation window you have buttons for plural option for the string. You need to give translations for both. Just click "other" and fill in the plural form of the string (otherwise use same as for singular).

Regards

Den 2017-09-01 kl. 15:04, skrev Stefano Campus:
ERROR: %n feature(s) not added

Re: Impossible to translate a string

Dick Groskamp
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Stefano,

it has probably to do with the number of translations.
Yhere should probably be two:

one for a singel object
one voor multiple objects

The reason why it is noy savinf is that youy have not filled one of the two possibilities
""Fill in all plurals to continue"

In the upper right corner of the translation pane of Transifex
it syas  [1]  [other]

Clicking  [1] or [other]  switches between the two options

If both options are filled you can save the translation
__________
DiGro

Re: Impossible to translate a string

skampus
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Thank you very much, Dick.
it's as you said.
it's the first time I have this kind of problem.

thank you again for your reply

s.

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 15:09:11 +0000 (UTC)
From: Dick Groskamp <[hidden email]>
To: QGIS Translation Discussions <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Qgis-tr] Impossible to translate a string

Stefano,
it has probably to do with the number of translations.Yhere should probably be two:
one for a singel object
one voor multiple objects
The reason why it is noy savinf is that youy have not filled one of the two possibilities""Fill in all plurals to continue"

stefanoTransifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/