Imported MBTiles Not Rendering Correctly

Imported MBTiles Not Rendering Correctly

GeoServer - User mailing list

Hi everyone,

I have been researching this issue for some time off an on, and have not been able to find a solution. I thought perhaps mentioning the issue here might help shed some light on what I’m doing wrong. :)

I have created a MBTiles package (using MapTiler Desktop), and the import into GeoServer seemed to go without issue (I didn’t see any exceptions). However, when looking at t a preview of the tiles, it quickly becomes clear that something went very wrong. I have detailed the issue and steps I’ve taken so far, here: https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/306989/geoserver-import-of-mbtiles-file-results-in-garbled-map.

Thanks everyone for all your hard work on GeoSoerver, and I realize everyone here is volunteering their time and knowledge.

Thanks!
~Mike Bronner

PS: My apologies if this is reposted. I sent this from the wrong email account to this list, so I am resending, trying with what I hope is the correct email account. :)

Re: Imported MBTiles Not Rendering Correctly

geowolf
Please do not repost messages, the one you sent yesterday reached the list fine.
As you say support is volunteer, which often also implies less than stellar response times.

The mbtiles module is a community one, hence not part of the official releases, and unsupported.
As far as I know, the developers that wrote it are not active in the project anymore, so it might be that nobody has
a clue as to why the mbtiles module is behaving that way.

That said, in case you get no other answer, you could help revitalizing the module by
debugging it yourself and sharing a pull request to fix it as needed (if you can code in Java),
or sponsoring an active developer to look into it, see: http://geoserver.org/support/

Cheers
Andrea