Import GRASS data to ARC V.6

Don L. Sawatzky
I am using "imageread" command in ARC6 to import GRASS v.4 cell layers into
ARC coverages.  Some cell layers will import; others will not.  Seems that
only cell layers created under GRASS v.3 will import; new layers created
with GRASS v.4 apparently not.  ARC complains that it can't open some cell
layers; yet does open an process others.  Are there differences in cell
layers in v.3 and v.4?

Re: Import GRASS data to ARC V.6

Lars Schylberg-2

I played around a little with arc/info last summer just after I had
installed Grass4.0.  I noticed the same problem when we used some commands
in the imageintegrator.  I think the problem is that arc/info can't
handle the new color format of Grass4.0.  This is then a bug that arc/info
should fix.  We have temporarly solved it by creating old Grass3 color
table files for the cell files we like to use together with arc/info
image intergrator.

Lars Schylberg                 Email: [hidden email]    (Internet)
Department of Photogrammetry          [hidden email]  (Bitnet)
Royal Institute of Technology  Tel.   +46 8 790 86 33     (office)
S-100 44  STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN    Fax.   +46 8 790 66 10