Implemented break lines on intersections option during line layers editing

Implemented break lines on intersections option during line layers editing

giohappy
I've implemented the option to break lines when a new line intersects existing lines on the same layer.
I've added the option to the "snapping options" dialog. Having the "avoid intersections" option for polygons, I've added a new column to define the different meanings of the checkbox, in case it's a line layer or a polygon layer. See the image: http://cdn.img42.com/d77a446f9a52b9d0315c4b78cfce8141.png

Is it ok to add the option over there?

giovanni

Re: Implemented break lines on intersections option during line layers editing

Luca Manganelli
On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 6:56 PM, G. Allegri <[hidden email]> wrote:
> PS: probably we'll need a nested tree in case more options will be added for
> the different kind of layers.

Marvellous! But we will see it on QGIS 2.5-2.6?

Re: Implemented break lines on intersections option during line layers editing

giohappy

> Marvellous! But we will see it on QGIS 2.5-2.6?

I hope. It's something I was asked for by various professionals...

giovanni

Re: Implemented break lines on intersections option during line layers editing

Tim Sutton-4
Hi

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 11:53 PM, G. Allegri <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've implemented the option to break lines when a new line intersects existing lines on the same layer.
I've added the option to the "snapping options" dialog. Having the "avoid intersections" option for polygons, I've added a new column to define the different meanings of the checkbox, in case it's a line layer or a polygon layer. See the image: http://cdn.img42.com/d77a446f9a52b9d0315c4b78cfce8141.png

Is it ok to add the option over there?

Nice! Can you remove the abbreviation and change the text to say simply "Split intersecting lines" (using 'spilt' will be more consistent with other digitising tools and sounds less negative than break which sounds like something gets damaged).

Regards

Tim

giovanni

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Implemented break lines on intersections option during line layers editing

giohappy

Hi,
I was out for holidays.
Ok Tim, I will follow your suggestion ;)
I will split only the lines belonging to the same layer, unlike polygons' avoid intersections which operate on all the layers having the option turned on.

giovanni

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net