Imagemosaic: long coverage names and Postgis datastore index

Imagemosaic: long coverage names and Postgis datastore index

alexander-petkov
Is there a way to specify an alternative table name for Postgis, where
granule index for an Imagemosaic is stored?

I have a Grib dataset, which resolves the variable to a very long name:
Total_precipitation_surface_12_Hour_Accumulation_probability_above_0p254

During coverage configuration, the table name in Postgis gets truncated:

Total_precipitation_surface_12_Hour_Accumulation_probability_ab

This is due to current Postgresql table name length limitations.

I can see that this variable name is defined in
/resources/grib2/grib2VarMap.xml in the grib jar from ucar:

grep
"Total_precipitation_surface_12_Hour_Accumulation_probability_above_0p254"
-R *
resources/grib2/grib2VarMap.xml:

Is it possible to redefine/change the coverage name in the properties, or
indexer.xml file prior to mosaic creation?

Otherwise the attempt ends in error.

Link to Grib file:
https://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/SL.us008001/ST.opnl/DF.gr2/DC.ndfd/AR.conus/VP.001-003/ds.pop12.bin

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Alex

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

Re: Imagemosaic: long coverage names and Postgis datastore index

Daniele Romagnoli-3
Hi Alexander-Petkov,
you can set the WrapStore=true parameter in the indexer.xml.
It should do wrapping through a hidden mapping between long names and truncated names.

Please, let us know if that works. (We need to better document that option somewhere in the doc.)
Regards,
Daniele

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 10:35 PM alexander-petkov <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Daniele Romagnoli
==
==

Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
Senior Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Re: Imagemosaic: long coverage names and Postgis datastore index

alexander-petkov
Hi Daniele:
The WrapStore parameter set to true works!!

Thank you so much!!

Kind regards,
Alex