Image mosaic - black background

Nikolaus Pruzsinszky
Hello,
I am working with 2.4.4 on windows.
I have added an image mosaic as a datastore (several dispersed air
pictures, geotiff rgb, big holes in between) and published it as a layer.

I have set the Input Transparent color to 000000 and left the Background
values empty and it works very well as long as there is a part of one of
the mosaicked pictures in my extent.

As soon as I pan to a region where there is no picture, all I get is a
black screen.

I have gone through the archive and found some related threads but no
real solution for my problem.

--
Nikolaus Pruzsinszky
Referent MIGIS

Institut für Militärisches Geowesen
Referat Datensysteme

Führungsunterstützungszentrum
Bundesministerium für Landesverteidigung und Sport
Stiftgasse 2a
1070 Wien

+43 50201 10 33134

Re: Image mosaic - black background

Daniele Romagnoli-3
Hi Nikolaus,
Did you try to set the OutputTransparentColor too?

Please, let us know.
Cheers,
Daniele

==
Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more information.
==
Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
Senior Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Nikolaus Pruzsinszky <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Simone Giannecchini
Ciao Nikolaus,
as Daniele pointed out you have the ability to play with two transparency options:

-1- Input Transparent Color
With this you can turn individual pixel on mosaic granules to transparent BEFORE mosaicking

-2- Output Transparent Color
When there areas in the mosaic that are not covered by granules you can use the background values option to set the fill value and then use the output transparent color to turn
void areas into transparent.

By default background value is 0, hence void areas are black.
Use 000000 (black) for OutputTransparentColor to make this transparent.

Regards,
Simone Giannecchini
==
Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more information.
==

Ing. Simone Giannecchini
@simogeo
Founder/Director

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39  333 8128928

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 5:03 PM, Daniele Romagnoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Nikolaus,
Did you try to set the OutputTransparentColor too?

Please, let us know.
Cheers,
Daniele

==
Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more information.
==
Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
Senior Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: <a href="tel:%2B39%200584%20962313" value="+390584962313" target="_blank">+39 0584 962313
fax:      <a href="tel:%2B39%200584%201660272" value="+3905841660272" target="_blank">+39 0584 1660272

[...]

Thanks Simone,

somehow, I  never really understood how those three parameters work together. Thank you for the explanation. works great.
Still, it is quite annoying to have to remove changed layers from layer groups and the again add them to make such changes visible in the layer groups. But that's another story.

Regards, Niko

--
Nikolaus Pruzsinszky
Referent Geoinformationssysteme
Institut für militärisches Geowesen
Führungsunterstützungszentrum
Stiftgasse 2a
1070 Wien
mailto:[hidden email]
+43 50201 1033134

Re: Image mosaic - black background

Artur Gertych
Hello Nikolaus,

In my work I think I had similar problem. I had 8-bit mosaic and set
Background Value as 255 (it was white color number in 8-bit pallete I
think), inputTransparent color as FFFFFF and outputtransparentcolor to
FFFFFF. In this way I had white background which was converted on output
to transparency. You could try similar solution.

W dniu 2014-02-27 15:29, Nikolaus Pruzsinszky pisze:

> Hello,
> I am working with 2.4.4 on windows.
> I have added an image mosaic as a datastore (several dispersed air
> pictures, geotiff rgb, big holes in between) and published it as a layer.
>
> I have set the Input Transparent color to 000000 and left the Background
> values empty and it works very well as long as there is a part of one of
> the mosaicked pictures in my extent.
>
> As soon as I pan to a region where there is no picture, all I get is a
> black screen.
>
> I have gone through the archive and found some related threads but no
> real solution for my problem.

Re: Image mosaic - black background

geowolf
On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 7:16 AM, Nikolaus Pruzsinszky <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Simone,

somehow, I  never really understood how those three parameters work together. Thank you for the explanation. works great.
Still, it is quite annoying to have to remove changed layers from layer groups and the again add them to make such changes visible in the layer groups. But that's another story.

This is odd, a layer group is nothing but an alias for a layer list, so changes should be immediately visible to WMS.
Unless.. are you using tile caching?

Cheers
Andrea

--
== Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more information ==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

Re: Image mosaic - black background

Nikolaus Pruzsinszky
No, I don't use caching (in that case), but I have experienced that
behaviour with earlier versions too (2.3.x).

Regards, Niko

--
Nikolaus Pruzsinszky
Referent Geoinformationssysteme
Institut für militärisches Geowesen
Führungsunterstützungszentrum
Stiftgasse 2a
1070 Wien
mailto:[hidden email]
+43 50201 1033134

Re: Image mosaic - black background

HabibaAtify
I am also faced with the same issue.
I use the mosaic plugin for adding raster .it shows black background when I
set input transparent value to #000000 and output transparent value to
#ffffff, the raster becomes hide and it shows white page.
how can solve it?

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html