Identify Feature box appears and won't close

Identify Feature box appears and won't close

polczynskim
QGIS seems to be doing something different for me than what it used to do.  When I select "Identify Features", a box opens up that didn't open up before.  See the image below and the attached image.  The problem is that I can't figure out how to make the box go away without quitting QGIS and starting over.  I installed the latest 2.18.23 and the same thing happens.  So how can I make this box close, or better yet, never appear at all?  Thanks!
image.png

--
Mark Polczynski

IdentifyBox.png (31K) Download Attachment