Icon as Inline feature (Annotation layer)

Icon as Inline feature (Annotation layer)

Sacha Black
hi,

is use of a PIXMAP icon as an inline feature possible? I just want to
drop an icon in the center of my map.

I thought that something like the below would work, but I don't seem
to get anything to draw (in the middle of a 500x500 image). Am I
missing something very basic, or is this just a wrong idea?

sacha

-----fwd---------->

Symbol
   name 'red_star'
    TYPE PIXMAP
    IMAGE  "symbols\star.gif"
end

LAYER
  NAME  my_star
  TYPE  annotation
  STATUS ON
  TRANSFORM  false
  FEATURE
    POINTS 250 250 END
    TEXT ' '
  END
CLASS
  STYLE
   SYMBOL 'red_star'
  END
  LABEL
    TYPE TRUETYPE
    FONT Sans
    SIZE 8
    COLOR 0 0 255
    OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
    POSITION  UR
  END
END
END

Re: Icon as Inline feature (Annotation layer)

Stephen Woodbridge
Sacha,

You nned to add a color to the CLASS so it will render. COLOR 0 0 0
will work fine as and it is not used but mapserv will not runder the
layer without a COLOR tag.

-Steve W

Sacha Black wrote:

> hi,
>
> is use of a PIXMAP icon as an inline feature possible? I just want to
> drop an icon in the center of my map.
>
> I thought that something like the below would work, but I don't seem
> to get anything to draw (in the middle of a 500x500 image). Am I
> missing something very basic, or is this just a wrong idea?
>
> sacha
>

> -----fwd---------->
>
> Symbol
>    name 'red_star'
>     TYPE PIXMAP
>     IMAGE  "symbols\star.gif"
> end
>

> LAYER
>   NAME  my_star
>   TYPE  annotation
>   STATUS ON
>   TRANSFORM  false
>   FEATURE
>     POINTS 250 250 END
>     TEXT ' '
>   END
> CLASS
>   STYLE
>    SYMBOL 'red_star'
>   END
>   LABEL
>     TYPE TRUETYPE
>     FONT Sans
>     SIZE 8
>     COLOR 0 0 255
>     OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
>     POSITION  UR
>   END
> END
> END

Re: Icon as Inline feature (Annotation layer)

Sacha Black
thanks Steve - that did the trick.

sb