*IMPORTANT* Upcoming tasks for *RfP 2021*

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

*IMPORTANT* Upcoming tasks for *RfP 2021*

Till Adams-3
Dear Conference Committee,

as you have seen, I started an early preparation of the Call for
location for 2021 [1], but time is running and we are not too far from
releasing it.


Connected to this, I have the followinfg issues:

1. If you have any issues regarding the time schedule, please stand up
until *monday, 29th of July*.


2. There was a discussion on who is an official voting member of OSGeo's
CC and what happens to those, that do not vote. For this year, I propose
the following:

  2.a. I write an email to all listed members of the committee [2] once
we agreed on the time schedule and ask everyone whether they will
participate in the 2021 election. Anyone who does not respond at least
to another inquiry will be excluded from the electoral process and
deleted from the 2021 voters list in [1].

  2.b. Everybody who agrees to vote but then does not do so without a
valid reason or who does not react at all should explain why still being
listed as a member of the committee or will be asked to resign.


3. There have been some issues discussed on this list on how to change
the RfP document or for adding missing points. For this, we still have
some time, but ....

... following discussions on email lists is always a difficult matter.
So, I created a sub-chapter on CC's WIKI page here [3]. Please feel free
to add your points, that should be added to the RfP document [4] until
*7th of August*.

!Please keep your points short and concisely! and please only add
realistic points (e.g. having a conference in "other regions" and
disallow travel by airplane is ethically cool, but not realistic ;-)).

Afterwards I will call for a vote on the listed points, the points that
pass will be added to the RfP  for 2021.


4. Finally we need someone who takes care about adding the new points to
RfP, finalize it and put it into the appropriate place for the 2021
call. Please stand up.


So far & kind regards from hot and sunny Bonn,

Till


[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2021_Bid_Process

[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members

[3]
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Changes_in_RfP_Document_for_2021

[4]
https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/rfp/2020/FOSS4G2020-request-for-proposal.pdf


_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: *IMPORTANT* Upcoming tasks for *RfP 2021*

Eli Adam
On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 11:58 PM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Conference Committee,
>
> as you have seen, I started an early preparation of the Call for
> location for 2021 [1], but time is running and we are not too far from
> releasing it.
>

Nice start.  Do you want to lead this RFP or are you open to others
leading it?  Is anyone interested in leading this?

>
> Connected to this, I have the followinfg issues:
>
> 1. If you have any issues regarding the time schedule, please stand up
> until *monday, 29th of July*.
>

Looks good to me.  Opinions outside of Europe and North America could
be useful too.

>
> 2. There was a discussion on who is an official voting member of OSGeo's
> CC and what happens to those, that do not vote. For this year, I propose
> the following:
>
>   2.a. I write an email to all listed members of the committee [2] once
> we agreed on the time schedule and ask everyone whether they will
> participate in the 2021 election. Anyone who does not respond at least
> to another inquiry will be excluded from the electoral process and
> deleted from the 2021 voters list in [1].
>
>   2.b. Everybody who agrees to vote but then does not do so without a
> valid reason or who does not react at all should explain why still being
> listed as a member of the committee or will be asked to resign.
>

In any case, the process has to proceed so I defer to either the chair
or the person running the process this year.

To committee members: LOOK ALIVE!  This is the thing that this
committee does.  Engage and let Till know that his emails aren't
disappearing into nowhere.


>
> 3. There have been some issues discussed on this list on how to change
> the RfP document or for adding missing points. For this, we still have
> some time, but ....
>
> ... following discussions on email lists is always a difficult matter.
> So, I created a sub-chapter on CC's WIKI page here [3]. Please feel free
> to add your points, that should be added to the RfP document [4] until
> *7th of August*.
>
> !Please keep your points short and concisely! and please only add
> realistic points (e.g. having a conference in "other regions" and
> disallow travel by airplane is ethically cool, but not realistic ;-)).
>
> Afterwards I will call for a vote on the listed points, the points that
> pass will be added to the RfP  for 2021.
>

Scanning the cookbook [5] for all the draft sections could be a way to
get ideas, [5] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook

>
> 4. Finally we need someone who takes care about adding the new points to
> RfP, finalize it and put it into the appropriate place for the 2021
> call. Please stand up.
>

I'm willing to handle the SVN side of things for anyone doing the
edits and work.  I can also help anyone learn to use SVN or get access
to have rights to make commits.

Best regards, Eli

 [5] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook

>
> _______________________________________________
> Conference_dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: *IMPORTANT* Upcoming tasks for *RfP 2021*

Till Adams-3
Dear Eli,


thanks for your reply. I can lead the RfP. I already did the kickoff and
scheduled my times around - if someone lese wants to, go ahead,
otherwise I can mange it ;-)

Till


Am 01.08.19 um 00:43 schrieb Eli Adam:

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 11:58 PM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Conference Committee,
>>
>> as you have seen, I started an early preparation of the Call for
>> location for 2021 [1], but time is running and we are not too far from
>> releasing it.
>>
> Nice start.  Do you want to lead this RFP or are you open to others
> leading it?  Is anyone interested in leading this?
>
>> Connected to this, I have the followinfg issues:
>>
>> 1. If you have any issues regarding the time schedule, please stand up
>> until *monday, 29th of July*.
>>
> Looks good to me.  Opinions outside of Europe and North America could
> be useful too.
>
>> 2. There was a discussion on who is an official voting member of OSGeo's
>> CC and what happens to those, that do not vote. For this year, I propose
>> the following:
>>
>>   2.a. I write an email to all listed members of the committee [2] once
>> we agreed on the time schedule and ask everyone whether they will
>> participate in the 2021 election. Anyone who does not respond at least
>> to another inquiry will be excluded from the electoral process and
>> deleted from the 2021 voters list in [1].
>>
>>   2.b. Everybody who agrees to vote but then does not do so without a
>> valid reason or who does not react at all should explain why still being
>> listed as a member of the committee or will be asked to resign.
>>
> In any case, the process has to proceed so I defer to either the chair
> or the person running the process this year.
>
> To committee members: LOOK ALIVE!  This is the thing that this
> committee does.  Engage and let Till know that his emails aren't
> disappearing into nowhere.
>
>
>> 3. There have been some issues discussed on this list on how to change
>> the RfP document or for adding missing points. For this, we still have
>> some time, but ....
>>
>> ... following discussions on email lists is always a difficult matter.
>> So, I created a sub-chapter on CC's WIKI page here [3]. Please feel free
>> to add your points, that should be added to the RfP document [4] until
>> *7th of August*.
>>
>> !Please keep your points short and concisely! and please only add
>> realistic points (e.g. having a conference in "other regions" and
>> disallow travel by airplane is ethically cool, but not realistic ;-)).
>>
>> Afterwards I will call for a vote on the listed points, the points that
>> pass will be added to the RfP  for 2021.
>>
> Scanning the cookbook [5] for all the draft sections could be a way to
> get ideas, [5] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook
>
>> 4. Finally we need someone who takes care about adding the new points to
>> RfP, finalize it and put it into the appropriate place for the 2021
>> call. Please stand up.
>>
> I'm willing to handle the SVN side of things for anyone doing the
> edits and work.  I can also help anyone learn to use SVN or get access
> to have rights to make commits.
>
> Best regards, Eli
>
>> So far & kind regards from hot and sunny Bonn,
>>
>> Till
>>
>>
>> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2021_Bid_Process
>>
>> [2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members
>>
>> [3]
>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Changes_in_RfP_Document_for_2021
>>
>> [4]
>> https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/rfp/2020/FOSS4G2020-request-for-proposal.pdf
>>
>  [5] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook
>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Conference_dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FYI: Update on *RfP 2021*

Till Adams-3
Dear list,

just to inform you: I wrote an email to all voting members [1] of
OSGeo's CC and asked for their participation in the RfP 2021 [2]. If you
are a voting member of this committee and did not receive an email from
me, I presumably have the wrong email adress. In that case please come
back to me ASAP.

I also asked Arnulf and Cameron, whether they will be our CRO's again in
this year.

Regards, Till


[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members

[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2021_Bid_Process



Am 01.08.19 um 11:27 schrieb Till Adams:

> Dear Eli,
>
>
> thanks for your reply. I can lead the RfP. I already did the kickoff and
> scheduled my times around - if someone lese wants to, go ahead,
> otherwise I can mange it ;-)
>
> Till
>
>
> Am 01.08.19 um 00:43 schrieb Eli Adam:
>> On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 11:58 PM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Dear Conference Committee,
>>>
>>> as you have seen, I started an early preparation of the Call for
>>> location for 2021 [1], but time is running and we are not too far from
>>> releasing it.
>>>
>> Nice start.  Do you want to lead this RFP or are you open to others
>> leading it?  Is anyone interested in leading this?
>>
>>> Connected to this, I have the followinfg issues:
>>>
>>> 1. If you have any issues regarding the time schedule, please stand up
>>> until *monday, 29th of July*.
>>>
>> Looks good to me.  Opinions outside of Europe and North America could
>> be useful too.
>>
>>> 2. There was a discussion on who is an official voting member of OSGeo's
>>> CC and what happens to those, that do not vote. For this year, I propose
>>> the following:
>>>
>>>   2.a. I write an email to all listed members of the committee [2] once
>>> we agreed on the time schedule and ask everyone whether they will
>>> participate in the 2021 election. Anyone who does not respond at least
>>> to another inquiry will be excluded from the electoral process and
>>> deleted from the 2021 voters list in [1].
>>>
>>>   2.b. Everybody who agrees to vote but then does not do so without a
>>> valid reason or who does not react at all should explain why still being
>>> listed as a member of the committee or will be asked to resign.
>>>
>> In any case, the process has to proceed so I defer to either the chair
>> or the person running the process this year.
>>
>> To committee members: LOOK ALIVE!  This is the thing that this
>> committee does.  Engage and let Till know that his emails aren't
>> disappearing into nowhere.
>>
>>
>>> 3. There have been some issues discussed on this list on how to change
>>> the RfP document or for adding missing points. For this, we still have
>>> some time, but ....
>>>
>>> ... following discussions on email lists is always a difficult matter.
>>> So, I created a sub-chapter on CC's WIKI page here [3]. Please feel free
>>> to add your points, that should be added to the RfP document [4] until
>>> *7th of August*.
>>>
>>> !Please keep your points short and concisely! and please only add
>>> realistic points (e.g. having a conference in "other regions" and
>>> disallow travel by airplane is ethically cool, but not realistic ;-)).
>>>
>>> Afterwards I will call for a vote on the listed points, the points that
>>> pass will be added to the RfP  for 2021.
>>>
>> Scanning the cookbook [5] for all the draft sections could be a way to
>> get ideas, [5] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook
>>
>>> 4. Finally we need someone who takes care about adding the new points to
>>> RfP, finalize it and put it into the appropriate place for the 2021
>>> call. Please stand up.
>>>
>> I'm willing to handle the SVN side of things for anyone doing the
>> edits and work.  I can also help anyone learn to use SVN or get access
>> to have rights to make commits.
>>
>> Best regards, Eli
>>
>>> So far & kind regards from hot and sunny Bonn,
>>>
>>> Till
>>>
>>>
>>> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2021_Bid_Process
>>>
>>> [2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members
>>>
>>> [3]
>>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Changes_in_RfP_Document_for_2021
>>>
>>> [4]
>>> https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/rfp/2020/FOSS4G2020-request-for-proposal.pdf
>>>
>>  [5] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook
>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Conference_dev mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
> _______________________________________________
> Conference_dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev