IMAGIN Update

Jessica Kane
Hi all!

I just wanted to send a follow-up email from the IMAGIN 2019 conference (state-wide GIS conference in Michigan) which was on Monday and Tuesday. This conference is very Esri-centric and we wanted to encourage more open source sessions. We had 3 open source sessions (GDAL/SAGA, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, QGIS/QField) and a booth for OSGeo - US Chapter. Thank you to this group for sponsoring the booth! We had a great response. We talked to a lot of people ranging from those who have used and love open source solutions to those who did not know what open source meant. Everyone took flyers and were interested in learning more. We now have a list of people who would like more information about open source GIS and are considering setting up a Michigan communication channel with them to continue their exploration throughout the year.

Thanks again for the support for the booth to help spread the word in Michigan. (I'd like to have a booth at IMAGIN every year now!)

Jessica

Jessica Kane
Project Manager & GIS Developer
Line 45 LLC
p:(833)254-6345 x701  m: (715)897-3409
a:P.O. Box 153, Gaylord, MI 49734
w:www.line-45.com  e: [hidden email]

We help businesses and non-profits use technology to deliver on their mission. Click here to schedule a meeting with me.