IAU to wkt C code (converted from Trent Hare's Python code)

IAU to wkt C code (converted from Trent Hare's Python code)

ychemin
Hi,

I am at the OSgeo Code Sprint in Paris, I have converted the Python
script from Trent Hare to generate on the fly PROJCS and GEOCS
WKTdescriptions for all IAU2000 and IAU2009.

I am now looking at inserting that info in GRASS to support these
planetary projections.
Any help welcome, I am here 2 more days.

Cheers,
Yann

PS: GDAL is also going to insert it.

--
-----
Yann Chemin

Re: IAU to wkt C code (converted from Trent Hare's Python code)

Markus Neteler
Hi Yann,

back to this topic:

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Yann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have converted the Python script
> from Trent Hare to generate on the fly PROJCS and GEOCS WKTdescriptions for
> all IAU2000 and IAU2009.
> PS: GDAL is also going to insert it.

Did this actually happen?

Because GRASS no longer reads local CSV files and - to my knowledge -
completely relies on GDAL/PROJ (see https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2456).
Hence, your two CSV files iau2000.csv + iau2009.csv and no longer shipped.

Can you confirm that all works fine through GDAL (which version is
needed to have IAU support?)
?

thanks
Markus

Re: IAU to wkt C code (converted from Trent Hare's Python code)

ychemin

Checking with Trent, will report here soon.

On May 5, 2016 7:57 PM, "Markus Neteler" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Yann,

back to this topic:

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Yann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have converted the Python script
> from Trent Hare to generate on the fly PROJCS and GEOCS WKTdescriptions for
> all IAU2000 and IAU2009.
> PS: GDAL is also going to insert it.

Did this actually happen?

Because GRASS no longer reads local CSV files and - to my knowledge -
completely relies on GDAL/PROJ (see https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2456).
Hence, your two CSV files iau2000.csv + iau2009.csv and no longer shipped.

Can you confirm that all works fine through GDAL (which version is
needed to have IAU support?)
?

thanks
Markus

Re: IAU to wkt C code (converted from Trent Hare's Python code)

ychemin
OK had a time to look at

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2456

Removing the WKT files iau2000.csv & iau2009.csv will stop the wizard
new location based on these IAU files to work. These files are not in
GDAL yet and they are parsed by the New Location wizard on selection of
the IAU-based option. Getting those files in GDAL is rather an issue as
yet, I might have time to do that in the near future (i.e. coming
months), but not in the coming weeks. Please could you restore those
files. Thank you, Yann

--
-----

On May 6, 2016 8:01 PM, "Yann" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK had a time to look at
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2456
>
> Removing the WKT files iau2000.csv & iau2009.csv will stop the wizard new location based on these IAU files to work. These files are not in GDAL yet and they are parsed by the New Location wizard on selection of the IAU-based option. Getting those files in GDAL is rather an issue as yet, I might have time to do that in the near future (i.e. coming months), but not in the coming weeks. Please could you restore those files.

Well, while I could restore them the mechanism changed. AFAIK the CSV files are not read at all any more. Unavoidable to get the projection support back on stage, see the respective ticket.

Time to get them into GDAL (data/ I suppose)... unless there is a different solution possible.

Markus