I need software that will convert Raster images so that they can be displayed within a WMS server

I need software that will convert Raster images so that they can be displayed within a WMS server

John Mitchell
Hi,

I am working with a software package that converts {GeoTIFF, NITF 1.0, NITF 2.0, NITF 2.1, CIB, CADRG, and HFG (IMG)} formats image into there proprietary NUI format.
Additional Info: http://www.pixia.com/flash/tech_nui.html

Then all the NUI format files that you would like to have within the same WMS server are referenced within a .map configuration file which is within there proprietary nuiGeoServer.  The contents of all the layers (with each layer associated to a NUI file) can be accessed via a WMS GetCapabilities request as an example: http://demo.pixia.com/cgi-bin/nuiwms.exe?MAP=usa.map&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

This is a very good product as far as performance, but the fees which are per terabyte that are converted into NUI format are very high.   Does anyone know of any other product (either open source or software that I would have to buy) that will convert some or all of the above formats so that they can served as a WMS server and has good performance.

I currently use GeoServer in order to display my PostGIS data, and am trying out nuiGeoServer for my raster GeoTIFF data that is converted into NUI format.

John J. Mitchell

Re: I need software that will convert Raster images so that they can be displayed within a WMS server

Cameron Shorter
I think the UMN mapserver product does this.

Also look at http://www.ermapper.com/ . From memory they have a fast
renderer for images.

John Mitchell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working with a software package that converts {GeoTIFF, NITF 1.0,
> NITF 2.0, NITF 2.1, CIB, CADRG, and HFG (IMG)} formats image into there
> proprietary NUI format.
> Additional Info: http://www.pixia.com/flash/tech_nui.html
>
> Then all the NUI format files that you would like to have within the
> same WMS server are referenced within a .map configuration file which is
> within there proprietary nuiGeoServer.  The contents of all the layers
> (with each layer associated to a NUI file) can be accessed via a WMS
> GetCapabilities request as an example:
> http://demo.pixia.com/cgi-bin/nuiwms.exe?MAP=usa.map&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
> <http://demo.pixia.com/cgi-bin/nuiwms.exe?MAP=usa.map&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities>
>
> This is a very good product as far as performance, but the fees which
> are per terabyte that are converted into NUI format are very high.
> Does anyone know of any other product (either open source or software
> that I would have to buy) that will convert some or all of the above
> formats so that they can served as a WMS server and has good performance.
>
> I currently use GeoServer in order to display my PostGIS data, and am
> trying out nuiGeoServer for my raster GeoTIFF data that is converted
> into NUI format.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> John J. Mitchell

Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net

Re: I need software that will convert Raster images so that they can be displayed within a WMS server

Andy-2

None of the links to pixia work, do you know how to use the nui files??