I can't upload layers

Annalisa Schiavon
Hi all.
I've migrated all my old layers, but now I can't upload a layer from ui.
It says:
"Tried to make a GET request to http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces/default.xml but got a 404 status code: No such workspace: default"

In apache log I find:

... Tried to make a GET request to http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces/default.xml but got a 404 status code:
... [wsgi:error] [pid 9903:tid 139960535320320] No such workspace: default

In effect I have only one workspace: geonode, wich is the default one.
My geoserver-data-dir points to /mnt/geodata/geoserver_data and there is the file /mnt/geodata/geoserver_data/workspaces/default.xml of tomcat7 user with 664 permission.

Please help!

Now I can login with geonode user both in geonode that in geoserver and I see layers and maps and all thumbs.

Annalisa

Re: I can't upload layers

xbartolone
Hi Annalisa,

can you try to make a curl call to that endpoint from within the server? Basically connect through ssh and then run from the shell:

$ curl http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces.json

you should receive something like

{"workspaces":""}

If you get 404 the it's likely geoserver is not routed through localhost.

Hope this helps

Sent from Nylas Mail, the best free email app for work

On lug 17 2017, at 3:15 pm, Annalisa Schiavon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Francesco!
I run the command you suggest and I receive

I do not understand what is misconfigured in my Geoserver-Geonode!

Than, I set Active role Service = default in Geoserver (Security Settings) and I could upload my layer ...
Now I set again Active role Service = geonode REST role service and I get this Warning in geoserver log:

WARN [geofence.cache] - org.geoserver.geofence.cache.CachedRuleReader$NoAuthException: Can't auth user [admin]