Https preferred protocol configuration via admin UI /// How to switch back to default http ?

Https preferred protocol configuration via admin UI /// How to switch back to default http ?

zer0mode
Hi, a short question :
- let's activate ssl secure connections - logged in as admin (GN version 3.2.x)
- by a chance we mess up something during the tomcat ssl configuration or elsewhere and receive "Service Unavailable" response while accessing geonetwork url.

Which config file should we edit to reverse back to http protocol ?
Hoping there's a simple answer for that.

     Sub-question : If ssl is "on", the site is not accessible via port 80 and the other way around, right ?

thnx !

Re: Https preferred protocol configuration via admin UI /// How to switch back to default http ?

Jose Garcia
Hi

The protocol/port configuration in GeoNetwork is used for the urls returned
in html code (javascript, css, images) and links in metadata to thumbnails,
files.

But the protocols allowed to access your site are controlled by Tomcat or
Apache Web Server (or other web server you can use). If you can not access
by http to the site it's not related to the configuration done in
GeoNetwork, you need to check Tomcat or Apache Web Server  configuration.

Regards,
Jose García

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>