How to use OSSIM in VC++ NET

user gdal
    Dear all,
        I downloaded OSSIM software and wish to use in conjunction with Visual C++ .NET (2008). When I installed it, I found just one 'lib' file but no header (h) files, several DLL files and other stuff (for QT).  Please guide me how to proceed to use with VC++ .NET.

If you can provide me a virtually empty VC++ 2008 project with required OSSIM settings, linkage etc., there is probably nothing like it.

Thanks,
Ramesh

Re: How to use OSSIM in VC++ NET

Andyjo

First you’ll need all of the dependencies, I’m using this SDK:

http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/installers/windows/ossim-osgeo_x86-201310128-1.zip

Then you’ll need the source, you can get that via SVN:

http://svn.osgeo.org/ossim/trunk (http://trac.osgeo.org/ossim/wiki/svn for more info)

You’ll need CMAKE installed on your system so it can build the VS Solution file (IDE)

Unzip it, and look at..

~\ossim_package_support\cmake\build_scripts\windows\ossim-cmake-config.bat

Make a copy of that and put it in a build area with the source, and modify to match where your dependencies live

My build directory structure looks something like this:

E:\ossim

E:\ossim\src ß this is where I put the svn checkout

E:\ossim\ossim-osgeo_x86-20130202-1 ß this is the dependency package/SDK

E:\ossim\build ß this is where I copied in the cmake script and point the OSSIM_BUILD_DIR in the build script

Once you have everything configured and pointing to the right files you should be able to run the batch script, this will build a VS solution for you, somewhere like:

E:\ossim\build\vs2010\x64\IDE\ossim.sln

When you do build it, hopefully the /MP flag gets set via CMAKE, because it takes a while to do it single processor.

Upon completion of the build, you won’t just be able to run, go into the SDK/bin directory and copy in all of the dll’s into your build dir (where your compiled binaries ended up, Debug, Release, etc..)

Then you should be able to use the ossim command line tools… I haven’t built the GUIs so you might have to play with it a little to get those to build.

-Andy

Re: How to use OSSIM in VC++ NET

Andyjo

Ramesh,

SVN or Subversion is the version control software in which the ossim codebase is controlled. Since you’re using .Net I’m going to assume you’re on a windows system, I would suggest downloading tortoiseSVN as your client software (http://tortoisesvn.net/). When installing be sure to make it install the command line applications/bindings.

To checkout the code you can either (once you have TortoiseSVN installed) right click where you want to download the code to, and click ‘SVN Checkout’, and put in the address to the repo there, or open up a command prompt and do a: svn co http://svn.osgeo.org/ossim/trunk .

Where . is the destination.

-Andy