How to transform XYZ to WGS84/UTM Zone

uzair
I am using XYZ to Lat Long which I am then converting to UTM as I am unable to find XYZ to UTM implementation directly.So,in attached image there is distortion on boundaries which has particular pattern. I believe this behavior is because of converting Lat-Long to UTM and then using UTM co-od for further processing using gdal.

 - Any ideas on how to calculate XYZ or TMS Tiles bounds in UTM directly instead of Lat-Long?
 - Also,Any other ideas what can cause such a strange behavior in Image attached?Test Dataset