How to run a successful online conference

How to run a successful online conference

stevenfeldman
Hi everyone

I hope you are all keeping safe and using the spare time on your hands to wade through that list of to do’s

I saw that State of the Map announced that this years event would be a 2 day online event. It made me think about our events for this year, not saying we should do the same but perhaps some organisers are already thinking about this. If you are and want some support from the conference committee don’t hesitate to reach out to us (off list if you prefer).

This post on How to run a successful online conference has got a lot of useful tips for those interested

Cheers

Stay Safe
______
Steven

Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org

Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild” newsletter

Re: How to run a successful online conference

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi all,

The board has a video meeting tomorrow, with OSGeo events and covid situation as a first agenda topic.
Would the conference committee like to join the meeting?

Regards,
Angelos

On 3/28/20 4:08 PM, Steven Feldman wrote:
Hi everyone

I hope you are all keeping safe and using the spare time on your hands to wade through that list of to do’s

I saw that State of the Map announced that this years event would be a 2 day online event. It made me think about our events for this year, not saying we should do the same but perhaps some organisers are already thinking about this. If you are and want some support from the conference committee don’t hesitate to reach out to us (off list if you prefer).

This post on How to run a successful online conference <https://ianlandsman.com/run-an-online-conference/> has got a lot of useful tips for those interested

Cheers

Stay Safe
______
Steven

Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org <http://mappery.org/>

Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild <http://eepurl.com/dKStT-/>” newsletter

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: How to run a successful online conference

Peteris
Hi,

I would like to join the meeting as FOSS4GE 2020 LOC chair and member.

Best regards,

On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 at 12:16, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

pb

Re: How to run a successful online conference

Eli Adam
On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 2:16 AM Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The board has a video meeting tomorrow, with OSGeo events and covid situation as a first agenda topic.
> Would the conference committee like to join the meeting?

For Conference Committee member who might be interested, the time and
connection details seem to be here,
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2020-03-30

Best regards, Eli