How to "uninstall\purge" QGIS in Windows

How to "uninstall\purge" QGIS in Windows

Alexandre Neto
I'm having problems with my installed version of Quantum GIS (Union
does not work) in windows. I came to understand that its probably
something about my installation. And that developer version of QGIS
will work correctly.

So, I wanted to fully uninstall QGIS (previously installed by
osgeo4w). I have uninstalled all software, and erased the OSGEO
folder. But when I install the sofware, alll my installed plugins are
still there, and the union is still not working in the new installed
QGIS (1.9.90).

So, how can I fully uninstall QGIS?

Thanks!

Alexandre Neto

Re: How to "uninstall\purge" QGIS in Windows

Anita Graser
Those settings are stored in registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QuantumGIS

You can delete the registry entries to reset everything.

Regards,
Anita

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Alexandre Neto <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm having problems with my installed version of Quantum GIS (Union
does not work) in windows. I came to understand that its probably
something about my installation. And that developer version of QGIS
will work correctly.

So, I wanted to fully uninstall QGIS (previously installed by
osgeo4w). I have uninstalled all software, and erased the OSGEO
folder. But when I install the sofware, alll my installed plugins are
still there, and the union is still not working in the new installed
QGIS (1.9.90).

So, how can I fully uninstall QGIS?

Thanks!

Alexandre Neto

Re: How to "uninstall\purge" QGIS in Windows

Alexandre Neto
Thanks you, it worked!

(And Union is working again)