How to install the Database on an ather server

How to install the Database on an ather server

Benchekroun
Hi All,

Could any one help me on how to install the database (data, xml files, etc)
on an other server than the one where geonetwork is installed?.

The default installing process installs the database on the server wher
geonetwork is installed and don't allow to modify the location for the
database.

Thanks in advance,

Re: How to install the Database on an ather server

François-Xavier PRUNAYRE
Hi, which type of DB do you have ?

If you are using mysql, oracle or postgres create a new instance on the
server you want the DB to be. Then use export/import tools according to DB
and then modify the GeoNetwork/web/WEB-INF/config.xml in the resources
section in order to point to the new DB.

You could also use Druid to do the export/import
(http://druid.sourceforge.net/).

HTH.
Francois

Could any one help me on how to install the database (data, xml files, etc)
on an other server than the one where geonetwork is installed?.

The default installing process installs the database on the server wher
geonetwork is installed and don't allow to modify the location for the
database.

Thanks in advance,

GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork

Re: How to install the Database on an ather server

Andrea Carboni-2
Hi Benchekroun,

start GAST and:

- select a different dbms
- redo the setup into the new db

Make sure to copy the jdbc driver of your dbms into the web/WEB-INF/lib folder.

Cheers,
Andrea

> Hi All,
>

> Could any one help me on how to install the database (data, xml files, etc)
> on an other server than the one where geonetwork is installed?.
>
> The default installing process installs the database on the server wher
> geonetwork is installed and don't allow to modify the location for the
> database.
>

> Thanks in advance,

Andrea
I tried to install geonetwork server using jdbc oracle and I have some problem with oracle jdbc driver for oracle 10g downloaded from oracle site (ojdbc14.jar). During installation process I copy driver into WEB-INF/lib and I get error message: "dbms class not found: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver". What I do wrong?

Re: How to install the Database on an ather server

Pickering, Jason Paul
Did you check the permissions?

> Make sure to copy the jdbc driver of your dbms into the
web/WEB-INF/lib
> folder.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrea

I tried to install geonetwork server using jdbc oracle and I have some
problem with oracle jdbc driver for oracle 10g downloaded from oracle
site
(ojdbc14.jar). During installation process I copy driver into
WEB-INF/lib
and I get error message: "dbms class not found:
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver". What I do wrong?

Re: How to install the Database on an ather server

Lukasz_Sobotowski-2

PICKERING, Jason wrote
Did you check the permissions?
what kind of permission (to what)??

Re: How to install the Database on an ather server

Jeroen Ticheler-3
- Did you configure the connection to your current GeoNetwork
installation in GAST?
- Does the driver provide the class oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver ?

Ciao,
Jeroen

2007/6/27, Jeroen Ticheler <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
> - Did you configure the connection to your current GeoNetwork
> installation in GAST?
> - Does the driver provide the class oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver ?
>
> Ciao,
> Jeroen
>
> On Jun 21, 2007, at 1:40 PM, Lukasz_Sobotowski wrote:
>

> > Andrea Carboni-2 wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Benchekroun,
> >>
> >> start GAST and:
> >>
> >> - select a different dbms
> >> - redo the setup into the new db
> >>
> >> Make sure to copy the jdbc driver of your dbms into the web/WEB-
> >> INF/lib
> >> folder.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Andrea
> >>

> > I tried to install geonetwork server using jdbc oracle and I have some
> > problem with oracle jdbc driver for oracle 10g downloaded from
> > oracle site
> > (ojdbc14.jar). During installation process I copy driver into WEB-
> > INF/lib
> > and I get error message: "dbms class not found:
> > oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver". What I do wrong?
> > --
> > projects/geonetwork

I tried with different version. In 2.1.0 beta 3 i changed connection to
database and when I set driver information that there is no class
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver. I use the same driver in GN 2.0.3 and it
works fine :/

--

Pozdrawiam,
Łukasz Sobotowski