How to install gvSIG on Ubuntu 16.04?

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa
Hi everyone.

I am trying to install gvSIG on Ubuntu 16.04. I am able to run the install executable, but afterwards I can not run the programme itself. I posted the output to pastebin [0].

I understand there is something missing in the installation. How can I correct it?

Thank you.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Im Grund 6

Phone: +41 (0)79 812 62 65

Re: How to install gvSIG on Ubuntu 16.04?

Mario Carrera-3

Hi Luís,

you have to run gvSIG with this command:

./gvSIG.sh

(without "sh" at the beginning)

Best regards,
   Mario

El 14/02/17 a las 11:43, Luí­s Moreira de Sousa escribió:
Hi everyone.

I am trying to install gvSIG on Ubuntu 16.04. I am able to run the install executable, but afterwards I can not run the programme itself. I posted the output to pastebin [0].

I understand there is something missing in the installation. How can I correct it?

Thank you.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Im Grund 6
CH-8600 Dübendorf
Switzerland

Phone: +41 (0)79 812 62 65

Re: How to install gvSIG on Ubuntu 16.04?

Joaquin Jose del Cerro Murciano

Hi everyone.

I am trying to install gvSIG on Ubuntu 16.04. I am able to run the install executable, but afterwards I can not run the programme itself. I posted the output to pastebin [0].

I understand there is something missing in the installation. How can I correct it?

Hello Luis,
some of the problems I see in the output that you attach is because you are running gvSIG (gvSIG.sh) with a wrong shell.

gvSIG needs to be executed with a bash.
If your system does not have a bash, it will not run.

Try running it with bash:

$ bash /opt/gvSIG-desktop/gvSIG-desktop-2.3.1/gvSIG.sh

Or simply by running:

$ /opt/gvSIG-desktop/gvSIG-desktop-2.3.1/gvSIG.sh

without indicating the shell, since the "gvSIG.sh" itself indicates which shell should be executed.

a greeting
Joaquin

-----------

Hola Luis,
algunos de los problemas que veo en la salida que adjuntas es por que estas
ejecutando gvSIG (gvSIG.sh) con el shell que no toca.

gvSIG requiere ser ejecutado con un bash.
Si en tu sistema no hay un bash no ira.

Prueba a ejecutarlo con bash:

$ bash /opt/gvSIG-desktop/gvSIG-desktop-2.3.1/gvSIG.sh

o simplemente ejecutando:

$ /opt/gvSIG-desktop/gvSIG-desktop-2.3.1/gvSIG.sh

sin indicar el shell, ya que el propio "gvSIG.sh" indica con que shell
debe ejecutarse.

Un saludo
Joaquin

Thank you.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Im Grund 6

Phone: <a target="_blank" value="+41798126265" href="tel:+41%2079%20812%2062%2065">+41 (0)79 812 62 65

Joaquin Jose del Cerro Murciano
Development and software arquitecture manager at gvSIG Team
gvSIG Association
www.gvsig.com
www.gvsig.org