How to get nearest Point/Points to a Known Point using WFS and WMS

How to get nearest Point/Points to a Known Point using WFS and WMS

Anjitha
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet. Hi Experts I am looking for a WFS query and WMS query to get 5 points most nearest points to a know point with its distance. Is this possible with Geoserver ? I have read below forum and no one has a proper answer for the subject. http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/FW-Querying-WFS-for-first-n-features-closest-to-a-geometry-td6122397.html http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/getfeatureinfo-and-coverages-td6113960.html Please help on this Seems Geoserver is not capable of doing small query like this or I am mistaken somewhere appreciate your reply