How to get fusion mapname in server side code

How to get fusion mapname in server side code

SteveS
Hello,

I am trying to set the selection using the mobile viewer which is based on fusion. The fusion viewer adds numbers to the map name in the session repository. If there a way in server side code to get the map name? I know there is the Request["mapName"] parameter provided when running scripts from the task pane but i would like to do all of this processing as the map is being loaded.

thanks.

Re: How to get fusion mapname in server side code

SteveS
bumping this as i created it before renewing my subscription to the board. Is there a method to pull the fusion map name server side? I am saving a map in the session repository as MyMap and Fusion adds several numbers to the end of it.

Re: How to get fusion mapname in server side code

Jackie Ng
There is no way to interact with the runtime map if you don't pass in the session id and map name.

This information isn't stored in some magical place that you can fetch from, you *always* have to pass this information in from the client-side.

- Jackie

Re: How to get fusion mapname in server side code

SteveS
Thank you for replying Jackie.

I have the session ID and map name that i have saved into the session repository. When dealing with the AJAX viewer the map name does not change from what i call it. In this instance I'm working with the mobile viewer which is apparently fusion-based and the runtime mapname is altered from what i call it in the session repository.

So what i am trying to do is:

Be on one map that shows tenants at a property. Then give the user an interface to find a tenant at another property. The runtime map is changed, and on page load i am dynamically creating javascript to zoom to the tenant. This requires map name which is altered at runtime.

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Jackie Ng [via OSGeo.org] <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is no way to interact with the runtime map if you don't pass in the session id and map name.

This information isn't stored in some magical place that you can fetch from, you *always* have to pass this information in from the client-side.

- Jackie

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/How-to-get-fusion-mapname-in-server-side-code-tp5004752p5005730.html
To start a new topic under MapGuide Users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from MapGuide Users, click here.
NAML