How to enable GetFeatureInfo in MS4w 3.0.6 ?

How to enable GetFeatureInfo in MS4w 3.0.6 ?

Bistrais, Bob

I can’t seem to find the answer to this one.  I have a number of WMS layers which I would like to enable GetFeatureInfo.  I am using MS4W 3.0.6.  I can’t seem to get the GetFeatureInfo to work.  Can somebody point me to a reference?

Re: How to enable GetFeatureInfo in MS4w 3.0.6 ?

jmckenna
Administrator
On 2015-06-09 2:37 PM, Bistrais, Bob wrote:
> I can’t seem to find the answer to this one.  I have a number of WMS
> layers which I would like to enable GetFeatureInfo.  I am using MS4W
> 3.0.6.  I can’t seem to get the GetFeatureInfo to work.  Can somebody
> point me to a reference?

I always follow the WMS Server document, when I configure a mapfile for
GetFeatureInfo (see the section "Configuring for GetFeatureInfo
Requests" at http://www.mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html).  I check it
often for syntax.

Key points as noted there, are:

  - set your WEB METADATA parameter of "wms_feature_info_mime_type"
(likely to "text/plain")
  - in the LAYER METADATA specify the fields to expose through
"gml_include_items"
  - set DUMP TRUE inside the layer
  - set CLASS TEMPLATE (likely to something like "dummy.html")

If I missed something it's likely inside that document.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: How to enable GetFeatureInfo in MS4w 3.0.6 ?

Smith, Michael ERDC-RDE-CRREL-NH
Note DUMP TRUE has not been used since v6.

Now its OWS_ENABLE_REQUEST Requesttype

Mike

--
Michael Smith

Remote Sensing/GIS Center
US Army Corps of Engineers

On 6/9/15,  2:26 PM, "Jeff McKenna" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 2015-06-09 2:37 PM, Bistrais, Bob wrote:
>> I can¹t seem to find the answer to this one.  I have a number of WMS
>> layers which I would like to enable GetFeatureInfo.  I am using MS4W
>> 3.0.6.  I can¹t seem to get the GetFeatureInfo to work.  Can somebody
>> point me to a reference?
>>

>I always follow the WMS Server document, when I configure a mapfile for
>GetFeatureInfo (see the section "Configuring for GetFeatureInfo
>Requests" at http://www.mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html).  I check it
>often for syntax.
>
>Key points as noted there, are:
>
>  - set your WEB METADATA parameter of "wms_feature_info_mime_type"
>(likely to "text/plain")
>  - in the LAYER METADATA specify the fields to expose through
>"gml_include_items"
>  - set DUMP TRUE inside the layer
>  - set CLASS TEMPLATE (likely to something like "dummy.html")
>

>If I missed something it's likely inside that document.
>
>-jeff
>

>--
>Jeff McKenna
>MapServer Consulting and Training Services
>http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: How to enable GetFeatureInfo in MS4w 3.0.6 ?

Bistrais, Bob
Got it!
Thanks Jeff!