How to do caching properly

Dody Gunawinata
Hi all,

I am working on a simple map site (5 layers) at http://unesco1.nomadlife.org/ and I am having performance problem that I am trying to figure out. The site is running on a GoDaddy VPS with 4GB of RAM .

I set up caching for my base map (which is a Geotiff image) and it works well  /geoserver/gwc/demo/UNESCO:BaseMap?gridSet=EPSG:4326&format=image/jpeg

Now the cache runs on ESPG:4326 while my OpenLayer code runs on  yx : "ESPG:4038"

Does this make any difference weather my WMS call hits the cache or not? Is there anyway to verify whether the cached tileset is being used by the OpenLayer call?

Dody Gunawinata

Re: How to do caching properly

robertdbuckley
Hi,

If your GWCtilecache is defined in EPSG:4326 and your OpenLayers map option is set to anything other thatn EPSG.4326 then there is going to be a discrepency between resolutions. This will result in pink tiles.

Your best bet is to look into the source code of the GWC openlayers map demo in geoserver. The map options are written which you can then copy and paste into your javascript code.

Hope this helps,

Robert

I set up caching for my base map (which is a Geotiff image) and it works well  /geoserver/gwc/demo/UNESCO:BaseMap?gridSet=EPSG:4326&format=image/jpeg

Now the cache runs on ESPG:4326 while my OpenLayer code runs on  yx : "ESPG:4038"

Does this make any difference weather my WMS call hits the cache or not? Is there anyway to verify whether the cached tileset is being used by the OpenLayer call?

Dody Gunawinata

Yours with thanks, Robert Buckley System: Linux Ubuntu 10.04 Server / Tomcat6 / Geoserver 2.1.2 / GeoWebCache 1.2.6)