How to disable metadata validation?

Koistinen Kai (MML)
Hi,

I'm not able to publish any metadata in GN 3.2.0 because the metadata has some schema validation errors. I want to publish the metadata though it has some errors. Can I somehow disable automatic metadata validation in 3.2.0?

Best regards,

Kai Koistinen
Expert
National Land Survey of Finland / Finnish Geospatial Research Institute  FGI
+358 40 487 9104
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: How to disable metadata validation?

Jose Garcia
Hi

In 3.0.x and 3.2.x was added this feature:
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/pull/1659 , but by default
should not do any validation for publishing. Check anyway the Settings
described in the pull request.

Regards,
Jose García

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>

Re: How to disable metadata validation?

Koistinen Kai (MML)
Hi,

I have only the”Enable workflow for record created in the following groups” option available in the UI. I don’t have those 3 extra options that are visible in the PR that you linked.

Regards,
Kai

Re: How to disable metadata validation?

Jose Garcia
Hi

Are you using a new database or is migrated from previous version?

For new database, I see the settings should be created: https://github.com/
geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/develop/web/src/main/
webapp/WEB-INF/classes/setup/sql/data/data-db-default.sql#L664-L666

Also, the 3.0.5 migration seem fine containing the settings:
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/develop/
web/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/setup/sql/migrate/
v305/migrate-default.sql, unless the upgrade process failed for any reason.

Can you verify if you have that settings in the database?

Regards,
Jose García

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Koistinen Kai (MML) <kai.koistinen@
maanmittauslaitos.fi> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have only the”Enable workflow for record created in the following
> groups” option available in the UI. I don’t have those 3 extra options that
> are visible in the PR that you linked.
>

> Regards,
>
> Kai

I’m using migrated database. Migration steps have been 3.0.2->3.0.4->3.2.0

I ran those three linked SQL inserts into settings table and it started working. Seems that it tries to validate the metadata by default if these rows are not available in the database. Anyway, it’s working now. Thanks!

Regards,
Kai

Also, the 3.0.5 migration seem fine containing the settings: https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/develop/web/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/setup/sql/migrate/v305/migrate-default.sql, unless the upgrade process failed for any reason.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Koistinen Kai (MML) <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
Hi,

I have only the”Enable workflow for record created in the following groups” option available in the UI. I don’t have those 3 extra options that are visible in the PR that you linked.

Regards,
Kai

Re: How to disable metadata validation?

Jose Garcia
Hi Kai

Will check the migration configuration, seem 3.0.5 is not configured to
run:
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/develop/web/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/config-db/database_migration.xml

Going to fix it.

Regards,