How to develop an infrastructure to test the postgis extension?

How to develop an infrastructure to test the postgis extension?

sablok
I am encountering a problem testing the PostGIS extension. I have looked
through the monkey garden tests that the community provides for testing
PostGIS but they only provide some details about the 80K tests that they
either passed or failed but don't provide us with a decision if the PostGIS
extension is installed succesfully or not. What is a good way to test
PostGIS in an automated fashion. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated
as I need to figure this out real quick.

Re: How to develop an infrastructure to test the postgis extension?

Sandro Santilli-4
On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 02:26:20PM -0700, sablok wrote:
> I am encountering a problem testing the PostGIS extension. I have looked
> through the monkey garden tests that the community provides for testing
> PostGIS but they only provide some details about the 80K tests that they
> either passed or failed but don't provide us with a decision if the PostGIS
> extension is installed succesfully or not. What is a good way to test
> PostGIS in an automated fashion. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated
> as I need to figure this out real quick.

make installcheck

--strk;

  ()   Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer
  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html

Re: How to develop an infrastructure to test the postgis extension?

Regina Obe
Sablok,

You mean running the regular regress checks we do against an extension install.

Use

make install
make check RUNTESTFLAGS=--extension

That will create the test database using extension scripts and then run the same tests.