How to develop a custom map with openlayers?

How to develop a custom map with openlayers?

starrycheng
How to develop a custom map with openlayers?

There are some objects are moving on the map.

The base picture of map is 'CAD Dwg' files.

I can know the latitude and longitude of the map with 'GPS'.

I can know the latitude and longitude of the objects which is moving on the map with 'GPS'.

It should not be developed on the GPS API.

I can only get the latitude and longitude by GPS with hardware devices.

There are some questions to ask:

1、Is there similar js framework to use?

2、Is there similar demo to reference?

3、Is there similar algorithm to achieve?

Thinking with myself.

4、Should the map must use canvas to achieve? Is there other way?

5、Is it necessary to convert dwg to a picture,for example png,jpg?

6、How to set the coordinate system of map is better?

7、How to draw the dots on the map?

8、How to connect the dots be a line?

I haven't done anything like this.

Please master to give directions and help me.

Thank you very much,master.

Re: How to develop a custom map with openlayers?

reno.sun.gis
Hi starrycheng,

You have many questions, but I would like to ask you to do some researches first.

There are some many examples and tools on the internet.

OL3 Geolocation

Print your DWG as PNG/JPEG, and use the LL84 (EPSG:4326) as your geographic coordinate system
Static Image
Image Reprojection

Or you may use QGIS or other ETL software to transform the vector layers from your DWG into GeoJson, and load them into OL3 map.

You can use Canvas or WebGL.

You may draw points, lines, and polygons (square/star/rectangle/free shpae) by using OL3. Please see following link: OL3 Draw Examples

Or if you find OL3 is too complicated for you, please try Leaflet.

However, I personally prefer OL3.

If you can build some background program to access the GPS coordinates constantly, and write them into GeoJSON file, you may be able to update the GPS points and draw lines on the OL3 maps by reloading the GeoJSON every one/two second(s).

I am no master, but hope you will spend time to do some researches next time.

Cheers!