How to create a Fusion javascript file

swimming
Hi

How to create a Fusion in Javascript file. I know it combined with OpenLayer, Fusion and Jx. So I just read the MapGuide Fusion tutorial, most of the javascript files from map server 2013. Still feel frustrated to just create a js file and xml file at client side.

My specific task is not very complicated: customer click on my map-> a point layer created->pass the coordinates to server side->create a layer in server side->do the query between this point layer with all the other existing layers. Right now I am stuck on the first step: create a js file that can display on the map and pass these value to server side. Any suggestion? Thank you.

Re: How to create a Fusion javascript file

mooman
This is just my take:

maybe create a widget that can be activated with a click of a button on the toolbar. most likely you dont want this feature to *always* be activated anyways right? You can see how to create a widget by copying other widgets in Fusion.

In your widget, once activated, create a listener for user's click. Convert that click into a geocordinate (you can see plenty of this method in other widgets also, i think. PixToGeo or something like that). Then pass that (along with the mapname and session id) to a PHP script via AJAX that creates a temporary session point layer then refreshes the map. This will draw that point on the map.

From there, you can do more AJAX calls to a PHP script to run queries on that point layer against other layers.

It's a rough strategy...