How to configure LDAP Authentication in GeoNetwork 3.4.4

How to configure LDAP Authentication in GeoNetwork 3.4.4

GeoNetwork users mailing list
I've searched the LDAP configuration in the GeoNetwork Opensource
documentation and i could not see any detailed configuration guide for
enabling LDAP Authentication. so I have followed the following link (which
is for Geonetwork 2.1) to configure GeoNetwork 3.4.4.0 to manage user
connections with my LDAP network directory.
https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/2.10.4/eng/users/admin/authentication/

I have updated the config-security.properties with my LDAP network directory
details and included the config-security-ldap.xml in config-security.xml
file and reloaded GeoNetwork in tomcat server. i tried to sign into
GeoNetwork with my network credentials and the authentication fails but i do
not see any log in geonetwork.log file related to the authentication failure
or the reason for the failure.

All my LDAP network directory details are correctly updated in the
config-security.properties file. when i update with wrong details, i'm
seeing *UnknownHostException *message in the geonetwork.log which concludes
that my LDAP details are correct.
I really don't understand what I'm missing to authenticate with my network
credentials. if there is anything specific to 3.4 required to enable LDAP
configuration, please provide the details.

Thanks for the help,

Anusha

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

Re: How to configure LDAP Authentication in GeoNetwork 3.4.4

Juan Luis Rodríguez Ponce
You could try to increase the debug level for GN LDAP and Spring Security
in log4j.xml adding/modifying these lines
<logger name="geonetwork.ldap" additivity="false">
<level value="DEBUG"/>
</logger>
<logger name="org.springframework.security" additivity="false">
<level value="DEBUG"/>
</logger>
<logger name="org.springframework.security.ldap" additivity="false">
<level value="DEBUG"/>
</logger>